Close

Builder Last Online: Jul 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 06-27-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I was looking to do something more towards a show then work trailer. rc4wd sells black and red blank rails

this will be a tandem with rear flip axle, also will have a flip extension goose neck . will be making a jeep / dollie too

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. BrassBuilder's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Mike
    Looking forward to this one too!
    Mike
    My website:
    http://www.firesteelhobbies.com/index.html

Feel free to look around. I have all of my projects on the website.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. working on the flip extension, works really good, don't let the plastic fool you, its wrapped arround solid 1/4 inch alum bar. also instead of wooden planks, I went with a antislip tape, really nice stuff

lowboy / lowloader with option jeep/stinger
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. AMG
    AMG's Avatar Guest
    Joe, forgive my ignorance but the one in orange and the one you are currently building - these are scratch? or are these (base) models you can get in the US. I don't think I've ever seen a kit this size other that the Pocher 1:8 Volvo truck from years back.

One of my dreams is to build a car transporter 1:18 - plenty of cars in this scale but no trucks (cabin/engine/wheels) to be found other than then very expensive Fiat Bartoletti Ferrari transporter by CMC.

I know very little of trucks but what you're showing us here looks really good.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Quote Originally Posted by AMG View Post
    Joe, forgive my ignorance but the one in orange and the one you are currently building - these are scratch? or are these (base) models you can get in the US. I don't think I've ever seen a kit this size other that the Pocher 1:8 Volvo truck from years back.

One of my dreams is to build a car transporter 1:18 - plenty of cars in this scale but no trucks (cabin/engine/wheels) to be found other than then very expensive Fiat Bartoletti Ferrari transporter by CMC.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG View Post

the orange trailer and this trailer is mostly scratch built lowboy / lowloader with option jeep/stinger , the suspension, tires , rims and axles are from the Tamiya lowboy / lowloader with option jeep/stinger 1/14 scale rc kits , the orange trailer build is posted here

QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. I made a bracket for the belly to mount to the rear section, its made from 1/4 inch alum bar , also mounted the rear bumper , its from the king hauler kit

QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Next you should build a Kenworth W900. With your skill I am willing to bet it would be beautiful! (And it would probably have a working TV and microwave in the sleeper!)
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Quote Originally Posted by spinellid82 View Post
    Next you should build a Kenworth W900. With your skill I am willing to bet it would be beautiful! (And it would probably have a working TV and microwave in the sleeper!)

ive built a couple of w900s, I couldn't get the microwave to work correctly lol

QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Third time is the charm.
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. here an update

QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. well guys, another one comes to a finish , couple bits here and there to go

QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. ive started on the jeep / dollie for my lowboystill have a few more parts to make , but heres a preview

QUOTE QUOTE #12