Close

Monogram 32
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Monogram 32 Monogram 32 Monogram 32 Monogram 32 Monogram 32
Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Monogram 32

Builder Last Online: Aug 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-27-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Not sure yet if my entry will be a show rod or just a best efforts kit but I have a question about the Pontiac engine. There is a feature just above the kit water outlet that looks to be the original real water outlet. Seems funny to leave this feature on the model if it is not in use. Can some of you rodders enlighten me as to whether there is something else this is used for before I glue this mess together.

Build Photos

Monogram 32-32-engine-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    You're right Syd. What the heck is that thing? I never noticed that before. In the Caddy and Olds engines I've seen, that's definitely a water spout. If I stick either one of those into my deuce, what do I hook it up to? BTW, Syd, that's a really beautiful job you're doing on the engine. I still haven't been able to find the linkage pics but I'm still searching.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats the outlet for a heater hose......
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Hey Syd. You call that a mess?????.. That's beautiful!! l:l:l: Might be an attachment for a heater hose. :)
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Aha - a heater hose. Never thought of that.l: So I assume I gotta run a hose from here back to the firewall area. When I had my 34 in high school I just cut a hole in the firewall and ran a 2" hose out along the engine a short distance to pick up hot Monogram 32 air.

Not sure what a heat box would look like for a street rod so guess I will just make the hose go away someplace behind the engine/tranny area.:confused:

Monogram 32
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks guys for the info. Does the hose go from that port to a box on the firewall?
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Give me a few to check out a Poncho water pump...if it's a heater hose....you need two, one in and one out. The hoses go to the firewall because there is a small "radiator" behind it. Hot Monogram 32 water passes through the core and a small electric fan blows through the warmed core....that's kinda what happens when you turn on the heater in your driver. It won't blow heat until the water is up to temp. If you ever have a problem with your car overheating turn on the heater...it will help to lower the overall temp of the cooling system, plus when you turn it on a little valve opens and allows that much more coolant to go through the entire system. Hey...you asked.l:
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Syd

If you want to add a bit of old time reality, just run a short hose between both outlets on the water pump. After all, hot Monogram 32 rods don't have heaters.

Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Boyd's do....and air too and power windows and heated seats and cruise control and power tops and GPS............................................... .................................................. .....................................Oh, I almost forgot, 1,500lbs of CNC machined billet. Yeah buddy! Sorry guys but a new Caddy would be cheaper and have a warranty.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Water connections. Pontiac engine only has one inlet to radiator. Radiator has two inlets at bottom. Did rodders plug driver's side bottom inlet or is the water pump missing a feature?

Wish the heater outlet was half size. A hose coming from there towards firewall (plus the generator wiring) makes it very crowded on passenger side. I had hoped to include brakes lines here too.

Don't believe I will box the frame as I plan on gas and brake lines and the open frame might make it easier to control line mounting?

Monogram 32
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Syd, you could run the brake lines inside the boxed rails with a thru-fitting on the outside of the frame rail and a braided steel line from the thru fitting to the brake. It would make a clean installation although a pain to repair on a damaged full size hot Monogram 32 rod. Look for a package from me towards the end of the week.:)
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. fuzzy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Ted aka Fuzzy
    That is an outlet from the water pump for the heater hose to the heater core. The heater core on the real car is mounted inside the interior in the heater box. The return line from the heater to the motor on my 400 c.i. GTO was on the rear of the passenger side head just behind the intake. It was just a short fitting sticking out from the intake mateing surface on the head only long enough to get a hose clamp on it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Sounds like an excellent solution. I can fake that - have to see how much space I have when the firewall is up.

Also thanks Don - maybe I will fake running lines by boxing the frame and just having through connectors at the right places.

Monogram 32
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's what I was going to do Syd, just make the right connector on the frame and push the wire end through. I won't be able to see it anyway and I'd waste too much time getting the end to come out another hole. I finished the boxing.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Willys41's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett
    Syd, you could run the brake lines inside the boxed rails with a thru-fitting on the outside of the frame rail and a braided steel line from the thru fitting to the brake. It would make a clean installation although a pain to repair on a damaged full size hot Monogram 32 rod. Look for a package from me towards the end of the week.:)
    Don..... you talk about the braided steel line, Had some from some 1/25 scale engine detail kit and it was really so small for 1/8. Can you tell me were I can get 1/8 scale braided steel line and fittings? All I can find from Detail Master Monogram 32 are 1/25.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Willys41
    An Artist dips his brush into his soul before every stroke.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15