Close

Monogram 32
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Monogram 32 Monogram 32 Monogram 32 Monogram 32 Monogram 32
Accepted Payment Types

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Monogram 32

Builder Last Online: Aug 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-27-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Not sure yet if my entry will be a show rod or just a best efforts kit but I have a question about the Pontiac engine. There is a feature just above the kit water outlet that looks to be the original real water outlet. Seems funny to leave this feature on the model if it is not in use. Can some of you rodders enlighten me as to whether there is something else this is used for before I glue this mess together.

Monogram 32

Build Photos

Monogram 32-32-engine-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Wonder what you all think of these hinges - too big? I for sure would have to grind about 1/8" off the ends to really fit. Maybe grind a little down each side?

They were availabe at www.hardwaresource.com for $4 each.

Not sure if I will used a full hood on the final yet. The hood could not fit all the way down as I had the drag link mounted upside down causing interference which will not be the case on the final.

Monogram 32
    Attached Images Attached Images Monogram 32-hood-closed-jpg  Monogram 32-hood-jpg  Monogram 32-hood-hinge-jpg 
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #77

2. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Great work sydl: , i like the new exhaust, ive never liked the way it attachs to the axle tube, everything looks good to me on this build
    QUOTE QUOTE #78

3. plane_mc's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Mark
    Looks good Syd, I think I may have to mimic your exhaust on my build.
    - Mark -
    QUOTE QUOTE #79

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's B E A YOOOOOOOOO TYFUL, Syd. Where did you get the hood hinges? They're just right.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #80

5. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    As mentioned above:
    They were availabe at www.hardwaresource.com for $4 each.

Is there any where on the site that it explains how to do the center section? The chrome strip will interfer with opening up. I don't think letting the hinge show painted chrome would be a solution. Help! Help!

Monogram 32
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #81

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Dang, I didn't even see the link. That's what I get for using my computer without my glasses. Thanks Syd. I think the secret of the center section would be discovered if we looked at how the real thing was hinged. If we can't get a good solution, what about leaving the hood top uncut and putting the hinges only on the sides. Then the hood would open from one side only and the raised side flap will just rest against the open top just out of the way. :confused: Other than that, I'd have to do some thinking.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #82

7. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    If you get a chance to see the real thing - drop me a clue. I have tried every search I can think of and the nearest picture I could find looked like the hinge is exposed. Remember the center hinge has to open the oposit of the side hinges. This size hinge might be pretty ugly exposed down the ceter line of the hood.

Monogram 32
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #83

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I have an idea that may be a direction towards the solution. It may take me a bit of time to figure it out but if my suspicions are correct, the solution is in hand.
    QUOTE QUOTE #84

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    BINGO ! Hey Syd, I finally got the right answer for the hinge problem for the center line on the deuce hood. Originally, we thought the hood only had 3 hinges, one on each side and one in the middle. I had a chance today to see the real thing. The center part has two hinges, one on each side of the chrome strip. That's how it can fold out over the chrome strip without pinching it. Also, there are two clips that hold the hood in place. One is at the front between the grill shell and hood and the other is between the hood and the cowl. They're the only things holding the hood on. As soon as I can clean up the pics, I'll post them along with a drawing of some sort showing how it's done. Again, I've found the solution for a completely working hood. l: l: l:
    QUOTE QUOTE #85

10. hemifarris
    hemifarris's Avatar Guest
    Here's some pics of my 1/1 Monogram 32 hood.Notice the curvature at the center of each hood [B]top[/B] section. The chrome moulding slides over each side of the curvature and holds the 2 tops together....Hope it helps........Mike.........I'll be happy to e-mail larger pictures to you if you'd like..... hemifarris@aol.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #86

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Well there you have it. Thanks Hemi for the great pics. This is the kind of help this forum is built on. These are real winners.
    QUOTE QUOTE #87

12. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Great pics hemi l:l:l:
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #88