Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-19-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

This is where my deuce build will be garaged. I figured I'd get my lift space early. Here's the final scoop on the build. I'm starting from zero with a fresh kit. It's going to be a coupe but I'll be covering the coupe top and will make it look like a Carson top. I'm putting in the 59 Caddy engine with two 4 barrel carbs and no blower. The wheels will be removable so I can put on wires, mags or steelies with scratchbuilt hubcaps. If I can solve my gas tank dilemma, I'll channel the body, put in a rumble seat My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe and a fully upholstered interior. Pics to follow. More options to be added.

My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Wow, talk about bringing back modeling memories. I just never got the hang of doing the thread cut right. It always went off the track for me. Besides, I could never hold on to the body right. For straight cuts, I worked the cut like Don described for the body sectioning. For curves, I cut the initial shallow line with a very small bur in a Dremel My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe at slow speed and finished the rest with a #11 blade or I did it with a jeweler's saw. Any defects were sanded and filled with styrene My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe . I do it the same way today.

Rick, the doors will be cut out, fully detailed and then will be suicided hopefully with a working door handle.

Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #47

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Broke sucks....how many "T" kits you got rat holed? Guys if you want to buy a new "T" kit...rattle Guido's cage, I know he has a few he'll part with for a reasonable price plus postage. Retail is about 80 bucks....see if you can twist his arm and work a deal. We got to get this guy into 'puters.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #48

3. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Hey Guido.......go to your gov't surplus or chat up someone from a business or department store. When these folks upgrade, they'll usually give away their used systems cause they can't get anything on a trade in.

Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #49

4. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett
    Broke sucks....how many "T" kits you got rat holed? Guys if you want to buy a new "T" kit...rattle Guido's cage, I know he has a few he'll part with for a reasonable price plus postage. Retail is about 80 bucks....see if you can twist his arm and work a deal. We got to get this guy into 'puters.
    He's right folks! I can part with a few. These are all new kits that are factory sealed! If ya need one, just email me at: fastmuscle@webtv.net and we'll work out the details. To make it easy on me, this is only for the folks who live in the U.S. and Canada. Thanks! :)
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #50

5. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Thanks Rick!.... I'll give it a try.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #51

6. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett
    Mario....I have a cad prodject you, hidden hinges for the doors on these big cars. I'll post some sketches I did a while back, would you put them in your cad program and see what the shadow comes up with?l:
    Aye,aye Sir!
    I would be delighted...
    Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #52

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Here's more of my deuce. First, the cowl beltline will be removed and replaced at the right level. Second, the cowl will be made similar to a 34 to give it an old classic look. Third, the upper windshield lip will be curled down a little bit more for a more streamlined appearance. More to come.

Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #53

8. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    Jeff. Your deuce is looking awesome.
    You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Henry Ford
    QUOTE QUOTE #54

9. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Great work Jeff, it looks miles better with the cowl lowered, even in these early stagesl:
    QUOTE QUOTE #55

10. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Awsome!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #56

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks guys,. Wait until you see it in the stage it's in now. I opened all the windows, recontoured the top and got rid of the weird curl on the upper part of the windshield, got the split windshield post started and glued the top to the body. Next I have to finish the top, put in the center windshield post and start the filling process. For this I'll use the Evercoat putty My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe syringed into the gaps.

QUOTE QUOTE #57

12. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I've been working hard on the body filling defects and learning to really work with the filler. I've got the rear rolled pan almost complete. It's about 75 % done. There are a lot of modifications I've done. Photos will be hopefully coming this weekend. It'll have some primer My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe on it but it's not going to be the final primer My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe coat by any means.

QUOTE QUOTE #58

13. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Just so you all know that I'm really building something, here are a few progress shots. There are still a number of defects that have to be gotten rid of so please don't be too hard on the finish yet. The first pic is the way the body is now. The second picture shows where the door will be and how the rear fender will be built. It'll be shaped similar to a 46-48 type Ford rear with a fat fender and skirt and with a door similar to the 34. The third pic shows the lead sled appearance ot the rear and the fourth shows the front. The last pic is a quick mockup so I can check that everything still fits. Lots more to get done including putting back some of the trim, opening the doors, the upholstery, etc. The completion date will be pretty close to the deadline.

QUOTE QUOTE #59

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You've come a long ways and added a lot of skills to your bag of tricks Jeff. I remember the days when you were stompin' around SA with those little cars....nice job man. I picked up few 1/25th kits for the grandbabies over the Holidays....I'd forgotten how small the parts were. You'll make the deadline....no sweat.l:
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #60

15. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    WOW 0) , Great work Jeff, lowering that cowl has done wonders, i cant wait to see it with the rear fenders done,.
    is this one going to run front fenders?
    QUOTE QUOTE #61