Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-19-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

This is where my deuce build will be garaged. I figured I'd get my lift space early. Here's the final scoop on the build. I'm starting from zero with a fresh kit. It's going to be a coupe but I'll be covering the coupe top and will make it look like a Carson top. I'm putting in the 59 Caddy engine with two 4 barrel carbs and no blower. The wheels will be removable so I can put on wires, mags or steelies with scratchbuilt hubcaps. If I can solve my gas tank dilemma, I'll channel the body, put in a rumble seat My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe and a fully upholstered interior. Pics to follow. More options to be added.

My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'm glad you told me to get rid of the lower windshield bar. I kind of thought that it closed in the window too much. Besides after I add the glass and the frame, it'll get too small. Today, I clean out the inside and cut the window holes. BTW, Don, you mentioned the long way home. What would have been a better way to do the top? If I want to do this again, I don't want to have to struggle. I really like your philosophy of doing things with the least amount of work. Thanks in advance.

Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Mike, a salt flats car would definitely be a good idea. If I do another one like this, that's what I'm going to do. This one will be more like a custom classic,i.e. not a "custom car" like a Barris creation but more like a custom made car like a Bugatti Atlantic 57. Thanks for the inspiration, Herman. It'll have a 37 or 38 Ford recontoured and shortened truck grill tilted back a bit more. If I can make the wire wheels either from the Jag kit or scratchbuilt, it will look fairly sharp. The latest Street Rodder has a similar build using a 33 Ford but made as a roadster.

Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Here's the top in position with the windows cut out. It looks like the back window nearer the camera is out of whack, but it's just the camera angle. Next, I attach it to the body and then work on the rear rolled pan. Still a lot of work to do before the body is done.

QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Nice work HFC!! The new door line will really add a cool dimension to the overall look of the body. Can I make a suggestion.......have you thought of dropping the cowl down a bit and slanting it forward? Doing that will take some of the bulk away from the front of the body.

Keep us informed, you're build is going to be great!!

Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #35

5. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    Fantastic work HFC, it adds another dimension to the deuce body. I can really see the influence of the type 57 bugatti in your top and windows especially.
    You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Henry Ford
    QUOTE QUOTE #36

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks Rick, I was debating whether or not I should do that. It really did look way too bulky. That will definitely add to the sleekness. It may be more work but I have a bit over a year to finish this thing.

I noticed a problem I had with the top. If you look at the top of the windshield, you'll noticed that it warped and curved up a little. Originally it didn't look like that. Fortunately, it warped evenly so it doesn't look bad. I possibly cemented part of it and it hardened with a bit of tension still in the added styrene My Hot Ford (Deuce) Coupe . Does anyone recommend I correct the problem or should I just leave it alone? It really doesn't look bad at all. Thanks for the info.

QUOTE QUOTE #37

7. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Jeff, I'm like way impressed and as you know it takes a lot to do that. Rick is spot on with the cowl......step back and look at it for a bit. Sometimes, myself included, you get so involved with being right on top and into a model you don't take the time to step back take a deep breath and just look at the overall shape...you know, the artsy fartsy stuff. Your car has great classic lines and flows until the cowl hurts your eyes..it becomes a focal point. I'm not going to say "well you should do this or that" because you can handle it.
    Don't sweat the absolute perfection with the top.....you've learned a lot and there is another build calling you...can you hear it? Great job buddy.l: l: l:

Hint: did you notice that the front edge of the cowl is staight up and down and your new door and top are at an angle, Hmmmmmmmmmm look at a '34 hood for a moment.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #38

8. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe
    Here's the top in position with the windows cut out. It looks like the back window nearer the camera is out of whack, but it's just the camera angle. Next, I attach it to the body and then work on the rear rolled pan. Still a lot of work to do before the body is done.

Dear HFC:
    The Shadow has named you as "The Body Sculpturer By Excellence".
    You remind me of Ettore Bugatti with those body lines...Keep that wonderful job alive!!

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #39

9. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Mario....I have a cad prodject you, hidden hinges for the doors on these big cars. I'll post some sketches I did a while back, would you put them in your cad program and see what the shadow comes up with?l:
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #40

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks so much guys for the wonderful compliments. If it weren't for all your encouragement, I'd never would have had the courage to even think of attempting something like this let alone show it to you experts out there.

You're absolutely right, Don. It's already in the works to redo the cowl. The hood and the grill lines will also gladly be redesigned to match the door lines. lines. It's true, Mario. I was definitely influenced by Ettore Bugatti. The lines of his designs are absolutely brilliant. I love the flowing lines.

QUOTE QUOTE #41

11. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    HFC

I'll be interested to see how you cut the new door lines. I know some builders just cut the new door out of the body and then glue it back in or hinge it while others take the time to just cut the door line in. Let us know.

Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #42

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Any of you guys ever use thread to cut a door or an opening in a body....like that pesky cowl vent on the Deuce? Yeah I said thread......you forget sometimes that I'm older than dirt.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #43

13. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Here you go Don.. check this out! :) http://www.bonediggers.com/2-3/doors/doors.html When your done with this article, read the one about paint strippers.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #44

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    That's the way it's done......Guido, when you gonna get a 'puter?
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #45

15. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Kinda broke at the moment...:(
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #46