Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-16-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Kit Bashed Includes Transkit Attribution
      Translations Build in Progress

Taking a break from my 2 major builds on the bench...Ive always wanted to do a T with the TDR Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster Offy engine so I decided to do one..My plans are for a clean and simple build with good detail but not over the top..My plans are to finish this build in a relatively short time frame and allow me to get my mind cleared abit before getting back to the Pro touring Camaro and the dragster builds.
      Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-img1006-jpg

Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    wow Mike very nice work Love those pipes ! thanks for the how to pics! I've always wondered what was involved with using the "dust" stuff. Glad to see your back at it Mike The "T" is a real gem.
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    G'day Mike. Nice work on the headers there mate. Glad to see you've got the magic dust on the job too. But isn't it messy stuff if you get it on your fingers and other things.
    Bull dust, blowflies, & the outback. Heaven on earth!
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
    G'day Mike. Nice work on the headers there mate. Glad to see you've got the magic dust on the job too. But isn't it messy stuff if you get it on your fingers and other things.
    Thanks bud...You arent kidding...It gets everywhere if you are not careful...I like the stuff though...Cant wait to try it on my aircraft engines in the near future...

I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    A bit more accomplished on the T..fuel block and lines run to the throttle bodies..bolt details on the trans as well as the "Newly"
    available shifter from TDR Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster ..actually bought 2 of these...Still need to make shifter arms and linkage but this little pcs saved me a bunch of work...

Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-img1080-jpgOffenhauser Powered "T" roadster-img1081-jpgOffenhauser Powered "T" roadster-img1082-jpgOffenhauser Powered "T" roadster-img1076-jpgOffenhauser Powered "T" roadster-img1077-jpgOffenhauser Powered "T" roadster-img1083-jpg

I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    mm.Pick me up a pack of the foam in the craft section heck it out... One word of c
    I recently met up with Rodger..AKA "Oldtinbender"...He turned me on to some self adhesive foam sheets he found at Walmart in the craft section..he uses it to make his scratch built Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster seats..It got me to thinking so I pick some up today and did some experimenting on the the T interior...Here's how it worked out..
    Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_161125-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_161033-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_161450-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_162021-jpg
    Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_162522-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_162242-jpg
    Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_163049-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_163054-jpg
    Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_174330-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140705_175646-jpg

Last edited by chassisdude; 07-05-14 at 06:30 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. broadspeed's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    michel
    that looks realy nice :-)
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by broadspeed View Post
    that looks realy nice :-)
    Thanks..Seems to work pretty well thus far...Ill use felt for the carpet after I cut the hole for the shifter and make sure the trans clears the floor .. One note ....This stuff is super sticky...

QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    I decided to make a color change on the T... it matches my interior a bit better...Also added a screen detail to the grill shell..maybe one day ill actually put it together for good..

Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140706_141211-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140706_141250-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140706_141134-jpg Offenhauser Powered "T" roadster-20140706_141325-jpg

QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    No kidding man! At this rate you'll have your 63 Vette body and SBC stuff before this get's done. So much for a "quick n' simple build huh? They never stay that way. I do have the package ready to go...now all I have to do is remember where I put it so I wouldn't forget to send it. I am gorwing to LOVE post it's!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Hey Mike this is really coming along nicely bud. Love that killer detailed interior too! keep up the great work Mike! really loving this Rod!
    Gary K
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Thanks guys..I hope to have it finished in about 2 weeks (If I can stop adding stuff to it) It was supposed to be a "simple build"...Supposed to be is the key word here but I just can seem to leave it "simple" ..All and all if I put all the time spent over the past few months in a lump sum ,I only have about 50 hours in it...Maybe another 20 or so to finish.. Maybe..

QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    The little T will in the garage for a bit...I need to complete my dragster by the end of the year and due to the dragsters complexity (and the fact the dragster takes up the entire bench), It will take the rest of the year to complete... im parking the T under glass for a little while...

QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. Tage's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Daniel
    I see the fuel connections on the Offy, but where is the linkage for the butterflys in those intake pipes?
    I have never had my hands on the real thing, did I miss something?
    Duke of Burl
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    No they arent there yet.. Good eye..It will have all that when I get back on this build...The engine is just sitting in the frame at present and still needs more stuff... Gonna finish the dragster first as its part of a build off im in on another forum..Dead line is Jan 1st 2015 and it will take that long to finish...

QUOTE QUOTE #30

15. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    Great build, love the colour combination.
    You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Henry Ford
    QUOTE QUOTE #31