Close

Dragula 8th scale
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 200.00 USD (39%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself – all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Dragula 8th scale Dragula 8th scale Dragula 8th scale Dragula 8th scale Dragula 8th scale
Accepted Payment Types

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 08-14-13 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hi my first thread to post my new project " Munsters Dragula Car" I will be doing The Coach after I get a good start on the Dragula.

This Rod was by far my most favoured of all Rods back then next to the Coach and The Boot Hill Express (BTW when done with both Munster cars I will be doing The BootHill then.
      I'm also as needed doing The 289 Ford Cobra Engine for both builds so I hope to get molds done of all engine parts and as well maybe rear tires too.

I will start with plans which is chassis based on 25th scale model I have built.

I will try to post weekly as I dont have internet where I live so I use the Public Library.
      Thanks For looking Gary K
      Dragula 8th scale-dragula-022-jpgDragula 8th scale-dragula-003-jpgDragula 8th scale-dragula-004-jpgDragula 8th scale-dragula-001-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. QUOTE QUOTE #47

2. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Here is a few pictures of the casket with all the Gold leaf Dragula 8th scale "aged" antiqued not quite done the aging but getting close to the look I'm after.Dragula 8th scale-im000007-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000005-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000008-jpgDragula 8th scale-im0000027-jpgDragula 8th scale-im0000025-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #48

3. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Man Gary..That is some ornate trim and outstanding gold leaf Dragula 8th scale work dude..Im impressed...Really makes the build pop...I guess ill have to attempt one of the "classic show rods" at some point..Just too cool man...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #49

4. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Mike I think you would do an awsome job at a classic Vintage hot Dragula 8th scale rod. They sure do keep you honest...lol You can't fake these classics and do them any justice. Your skills would be real cool to see your take on one of these Rods Mike. Thanks for looking.

Gary K

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #50

5. Dougritt's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Douglas
    A build this nice needs real spoked wheels! I suggest using Pocher Alfa Romeo Wheels and tires on the front...or build your own. Looks great!
    QUOTE QUOTE #51

6. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Doug, I'm making my own spoke wheels check out this thread for updates next on how I make them as The Casket is almost finished and just needs little add on pieces and a clear coat Dragula 8th scale .

Hi here is the casket with canopy buck all finished and aged just have to clear coat Dragula 8th scale it. I also have side casket handles just temp fastened to the casket as these handles are extras and just to see how they look size wise and colour contrast. The good handles will be hinged and clear coated.. I'm also working on the rear light piece shown in picture.

I also have started the wheel and tire molding process which will take some doing and many molds to get what I need for this build. When done the Tire will have the Pirrelli logo on both sides and the number 19 for tire/wheel size.
    This wheel will have 40 aluminum spokes each wheel.

Thanks for looking

Gary K

Dragula 8th scale-im000028-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000029-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000026-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000027-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000002-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000007-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #52

7. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Hi Here is a few pictures for update. I have got the full casket finished and the front deck is roughed in plastic and I have front axel all silver leaf and spindles.. Enjoy
    Gary K

Dragula 8th scale-im000001-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000003-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000018-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000004-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
    Attached Images Attached Images Dragula 8th scale-im000014-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #53

8. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    I wouldn't mind being burried in that, specially if I died of fright going down the quarter mile in it!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #54

9. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Thanks David and your right that's one sweet way to go in style at least in coffin form...lol

Gary K

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #55

10. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    The carbs are on the way dude...Let me know when you get them...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #56

11. Dougritt's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Douglas
    Very cool Gary...Grandpa & Herman would be proud...
    QUOTE QUOTE #57

12. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Here is a few updates working on front wire wheels I have made molds for and using aluminum wire 18 gauge to lace them up. also here is some updated pics of the 289 engine with the correct Holley carbs (Thanks again Mike for those wicked carbs I modified one of the TDR Dragula 8th scale Holley carbs to make an 1849 Manual Holley and going to mold them to get the dual I need. Also a picture of the front tire I mastered and getting ready for mold. Enjoy!
    Gary

Dragula 8th scale-im000003-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000004-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000003-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000007-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000010-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000011-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000009-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000008-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #58

13. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Great progress Gary....SO COOL
    QUOTE QUOTE #59

14. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Mike thanks for your support buddy hope things are okay on your end! Boy that Holley looks great Thanks again for your part in this you will see it on your end when I get the rest of the 289 Ford in rubber and resin Dragula 8th scale cast. I think I'm going to start a 289 Ford engine thread here as well. Since I have the stand for it.
    I will do a building in progress for it as I do this one. I think the dual ram intake M/T is a cool one with the Holley's and cool scoops.

Gary More pictures tonight!

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #60

15. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    here are more pictures as to the building of the Dragula and the front wire wheels I have with new rubber tires I made master for with the logo Pirelli and the 3.25-19" on the side walls. These tires where a proto-type used only for a mockup for a visual size mounted on my wire wheels I also made molds for from a master I made as well. also a few more Drag-U-La pictures with the engine back in it and the organ zoomie pipes just sitting in place for now. Ive made a new mold for the exhaust manifold and new Holley Carb I made modified from the TDR Dragula 8th scale Holley.

Enjoy the new pictures

Gary

Dragula 8th scale-im000007-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000013-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000014-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000019-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #61