Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 08-14-13 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hi my first thread to post my new project " Munsters Dragula Car" I will be doing The Coach after I get a good start on the Dragula.

This Rod was by far my most favoured of all Rods back then next to the Coach and The Boot Hill Express (BTW when done with both Munster cars I will be doing The BootHill then.
      I'm also as needed doing The 289 Ford Cobra Engine for both builds so I hope to get molds done of all engine parts and as well maybe rear tires too.

I will start with plans which is chassis based on 25th scale model I have built.

I will try to post weekly as I dont have internet where I live so I use the Public Library.
      Thanks For looking Gary K
      Dragula 8th scale-dragula-022-jpgDragula 8th scale-dragula-003-jpgDragula 8th scale-dragula-004-jpgDragula 8th scale-dragula-001-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Dougritt's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Douglas
    Gary- a build as cool as this needs real wire wheels! I suggest buying a set of Pocher Alfa Romeo wheels or building your own!
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Doug point me in the right direction on the wheels. I would like to try making my own wire wheels for sure but if need be the pocher wheels might be the ticket. any pictures of those wheels Doug? thanks for the kudos my friend:)

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    02/08/2014 Saturday

Hi It's been awhile since last update and Ill keep it short but a give you a few extra pictures
    Well I've been working on the wooden parts of the casket which are the sills of both the lid and casket I am just about to start on the lid or top of casket this week as I've almost finished the uper lip/sill .

I have also been working on the casket trim drawings which will turn into clay type scupts as masters then I will use them after they have heat cured in oven. I will set them in in modeling clay which we use for rubber/silicone molds and gentley pull them away and then use the green fiber filler and while still curing Dragula 8th scale
    I will aply the mold to the casket placing already marked for fitting of mold. I also have worked out a method of the long trim around the edges of the casket and have divided the casket in 4 parts as marked basically centerd width and length. I will make each trim strip a quarter length and seam it together with a perfect fit hopefully...lol

well thats all for now. hope to post in a few weeks.
    Thanks for looking.
    Gary K

Dragula 8th scale-im000001-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000003-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000004-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000007-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Looking good Gary..Good to hear from you buddy...I never thought about using clay to hold a build in place...DUHHHHH...The casket is coming alive..(No pun intended ) I cant wait to see the details on it....Later dude
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #35

5. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Hey Mike thanks for the Kudos and yes that clay works great as I don't have my tie rod conected and didn't want the BIG Boy rolling in places it doesn't belong...lol Mike I'm sending you a pm.

Gary K

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #36

6. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageModMan View Post
    Hey Mike thanks for the Kudos and yes that clay works great as I don't have my tie rod conected and didn't want the BIG Boy rolling in places it doesn't belong...lol Mike I'm sending you a pm.

Gary K
    Yea ..rolling of the bench would suck big time...I got the pm and responded...Thanks
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #37

7. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by chassisdude View Post
    Yea ..rolling of the bench would suck big time...I got the pm and responded...Thanks
    Hey dude...Are you a time traveler? The pics say 2000...
    QUOTE QUOTE #38

8. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    hahaha yes I am I watch Dr.Who Mike didn't you know?...lol no sweriously my cam is nuts and I can't be bothered to chance the darn date every time the bateries die as I use recharables...and thats the whole story...lol

Gary K

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #39

9. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    [B]02/12/2014 Wednesday

Hi here is another update on the casket I've been working on the lid/top of casket and this was acomplished with poster board carefully marked out and cut and then to put the arc in the top I used a piece of wood doweling 1 inches and burnished the poster board over the dowel to get a nice curve I wanted to mate the top ridge made of wood and then added the ends after I glued the top to the wood ridge.

Next I glued fiber mat to the surface of the poster board top/lid.dome and then applied the poly resin Dragula 8th scale
    to the fiber mat.
    I also at this time applied the poly resin Dragula 8th scale to the casket base sides inside and out.
    Enjoy the pictures
    Gary K

Dragula 8th scale-02-12-2014-002-jpgDragula 8th scale-02-12-2014-006-jpgDragula 8th scale-02-12-2014-010-jpg
    [/B]

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #40

10. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    [B]02/18/2014 Tuesday

Hi More on the casket I cut out the Casket lid holes and the front rad hole in the base of casket. Boy that fiber glass is tough and thin. I then started to rough finish the lid with fiber filler (green). I then put a thin coat of filler primer Dragula 8th scale
    after I glued the inside ends of casket lid where it's cut down center.

I then worked on the base or bottom casket lip to make it flush to the casket lid using fiber filler(green). I then worked on building up the bottom skirt quarter round on the bottom of the base of casket as it needed more width and height. Once this was roughed in well enough I put the whole base of casket in a thin coat of filler primer Dragula 8th scale . Alot of wet sanding Dragula 8th scale and fine fillers Dragula 8th scale next before I add the casket trim.
    Next I will start to work on casket trim sculpts.
    Enjoy the pictures
    Gary K

Dragula 8th scale-02-18-2014-003-jpgDragula 8th scale-02-18-2014-005-jpgDragula 8th scale-02-18-2014-008-jpgDragula 8th scale-02-18-2014-011-jpgDragula 8th scale-02-18-2014-014-jpgDragula 8th scale-02-18-2014-017-jpg[/B]

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #41

11. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    [B][I][/I][/B][I][B]03/06/2014 Thursday

Hi heres a few pictures of the casket trim on the casket just temporarily put on. Also I have started to make the buck for the Canopy and the vac u-form machine to make a Canopy out of polycarbonate clear plastic. My plans are to have this machine ready for June to pull a few Canopys with the home made Vacu-Form machine. Also I took pictures of the master casket trim after I put a black wash on them.

Enjoy

Gary K[/B][/I]

Dragula 8th scale-03-06-2014-029-jpgDragula 8th scale-03-06-2014-031-jpgDragula 8th scale-03-06-2014-032-jpgDragula 8th scale-03-06-2014-034-jpgDragula 8th scale-03-06-2014-041-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #42

12. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Looking great Gary..I see you got the camera date fixed as well... welcome to the present..
    QUOTE QUOTE #43

13. oldtinbender's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rodger
    This is a great build, and in 1/8th scale!!!! Now tell me more about how the engine was done. I need to do something similar.

On the wire wheels for the front, I have been watching e-bay and there are some there. Don't know for sure what they are off of but they may work.

Keep the pics coming and the instructions as well.

Tinbender
    QUOTE QUOTE #44

14. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Thanks Mike for the kudos and Tinbender as well and a welcome to this forum tinbender. Mike I did the time thing just for you...lol
    Tinbender if you go back to the first of this thread you will see a carved resin Dragula 8th scale block which I used Auto CAD drawings I printed sheets of paper and glued to each plane of the block and did the same for the valve covers and transmission clutch bell. I use emachineshop.com and downloaded the Auto CAD program free and used the two-D drawings I drew up based on loads of information starting with piston diameter for stock 289 Cobra Ford Engine.I used pictures from internet for front and back of the engine block and scaled them down and traced them as line drawings and then printed them and cut and placed on the carved block and carved them out with dremel Dragula 8th scale tool and hand tools. Loads of fidget work. I am going to mold all parts because I need another engine for the Munsters coach in 8th scale. The heads where given to me by a member here and I modified them to fit the black and added a little more detail. If any more questions just ask tinbender.

Thanks for looking

Gary K

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #45

15. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Here is the casket trim work done around the Casket Lip top and bottom and also a few shots of the front Casket Lid in gold leaf Dragula 8th scale and needs more leafing and some antique wash in the trim to age it a bit and then a coat of Clear to finish it... I'm still working on the Bottom casket trim work and will post in a few weeks on my progress

Thanks for looking
    Gary K

Dragula 8th scale-im000055-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000060-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000001-1-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000071-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000082-jpgDragula 8th scale-im000076-jpg

Dragula 8th scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #46