Close

1/8 aa/fa
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

1/8 aa/fa 1/8 aa/fa 1/8 aa/fa 1/8 aa/fa 1/8 aa/fa
Accepted Payment Types

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1/8 aa/fa

Builder Last Online: Jul 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-23-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

first i should say hello. i'm new here. my name is dave sherman. i build primarily 1/8 scale modern day drag cars. i like a touch of retro thrown in for good fun but, mostly, very high horsepower, very large rear tire cars. i've been working on this build for about 8 months. the car is probably 99% scratch built 1/8 aa/fa . i do all of my own work (i.e. machining, painting, etc.) i welcome all questions and/or comments. i hope you enjoy the car as much as i do building them.

1/8 aa/fa

Build Photos

1/8 aa/fa-014-jpg  1/8 aa/fa-012-jpg  1/8 aa/fa-016-jpg  1/8 aa/fa-006-jpg  1/8 aa/fa-005-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Just when I think all the drooling is under control, along comes this work and it starts all over again. I love your work. No two ways about it.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    WOW! Fantastic work! How did you make the toothed drive belt?
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. Hemi Killer's Avatar Active Member
    welcome

awesome model
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    again thanks for the welcome guys. steve , the belt is one of the few parts i did not make. it is a true GATES timing belt.

1/8 aa/fa
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. Nortley's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Buck
    For timing pocket watch hands? I never knew the real thing came so tiny. Those look like real parts spread out on the garage floor.
    Scorpio - Builds models the way the prototype should have been built.
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    a few more shots.

1/8 aa/fa
    Attached Images Attached Images 1/8 aa/fa-004-jpg  1/8 aa/fa-006-jpg  1/8 aa/fa-008-jpg  1/8 aa/fa-011-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Good Gravy. Now that's what I call some fantastic work. That's got to be one of the best drag models I've seen in a long time.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    thanks, hot 1/8 aa/fa ford coupe. drag racing is where my heart is. i'm getting ready to build a 1/8 modern top alcohol 1/8 aa/fa dragster for a very good friend of mine. i'm hoping to surpass this build with it. as i get to learning the site a little better, i'll start posting as i build. plus, i'm still in the information gathering stage.

1/8 aa/fa
    QUOTE QUOTE #24