Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-09-13 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hi Gang,

I have been building models since the 50s. Seen a lot of changes in the hobby, some good, some exciting, and some not so good and some that make you go... HuWhathe were they thinking.????

A few years back I had the opportunity to purchase a Big Deuce kit, needing the tires for another model project. With the tires I got a lot of other stuff that Monogram thought would be useful too, like a whold car and two engine options.

Of course, never being content with just building the model, my mind went of on some tangents and I got all excited about making a really cool 1/8 scale Ardun powerd belly-tank lakster. then one day I was checking out this SMC site and someone was talking about an Ardun headed Lincoln V-12 with a Potvin blower setup. That just took hold of my fragile mind and twisted in all sorts of ways.

You might say I do thing the hard way, or maybe I just like the challenge and satisfaction of doing hand work, but most of the parts of my models are hand shaped and sanded. I use a lot of RenShape 460, styrine, abs, brass, steel, wood etc.

Ok, so that just puts a little scratch in the surface of my background. I do commission model and CAD work and only reciently have been offering these 1/8 engine kits on the-bay, and have getten some very encouraging responces.

I intend to sell my products here on a sort of subscription basis, if that is the right word for it. I will gather orders and do a production run when I get enough orders. I am still thinking it through so I would appreciate suggestions from you pros, (with all due respect, you guys make some insane machines!)

I am also very interested in what would interest the rest of you 1/8 rodders out there. I can't and won't promise to do it all, I still have my own agenda . A means to an end sort of thing. Heck I would love to be able to build one of these beasts myself. After some thought I may just use the injected V12 in the belly tanker.

I know this is too long but it is my intro. Here's a little something I'v been playing with in photoshop.

Enjoy.
      Ardun Kits V8 V12-potvin-v12-sml-jpg

Ardun Kits V8 V12
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Shawinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #47

2. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Man...What an engine... Great engineering Dave.....I sent you an email bud...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #48

3. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Ardun Kits V8 V12
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Hi guys, Up to my ears in resin Ardun Kits V8 V12 , but thought you wold like a couple of WIP Ardun Kits V8 V12 shots of the Potvin 6-71 beast. the intakes are from my first Linkenstein 5x2 carb setup but should be a good starting point for the Potvin intakes.

Attachment 23373Attachment 23374Attachment 23375

All this talk about streamliners has me rethinking my belly tank idea damnit. I have always liked the Redhead streamliner for shear sex appeal, so I think something along those lines with the V12 might be in order.

"Duuuuuuuuuude".....Need I say more
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #49

4. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    No Mike, you don't but I am sure you will anyhow.
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #50

5. Big John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Very Sweet D.S from PA, that beast is sure to be burning up the salt when done. I do love the updated block and especially the ARDUN 500 logo on the block!

What are you thinking for the spark?

Ardun Kits V8 V12
    Last edited by Big John; 03-03-13 at 04:49 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #51

6. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    thanks john. i got to looking at some pics for a real lincoln v-12 and i thought......there's no way that thing is gonna handle 30 or 40 lbs. of boost. so,.......wah-lah. i did a donovan 417 block a while back and i loved the crank girdle concept so.....i grafted it onto the lincoln. the ARDUN 500 just seemed fitting.

as far as spark i'm gonna run 2 msd pro mag 44's. they'll be front driven off the cam drive for the fuel pump.
    never poke a sleeping bear with a pointed stick!
    QUOTE QUOTE #52

7. Big John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Knarlie! or is that Narrrrlyyyy! Can't wait. I think we've all settled on a ci. displacement of 500 ci. as standard beast mode.. OBS. Original Beast Spec!

Ardun Kits V8 V12
    QUOTE QUOTE #53

8. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Wow Big John...These will keep me busy for awhile !!! 4 sets of EVERYTHING....!!!!!! I like the 500 inch rule....Makes my digger 2000 CUI....Shazzzzam!!!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #54

9. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Sounds good to me.
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #55

10. LittleCobra's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Willem
    Any more progress on this?
    QUOTE QUOTE #56

11. Big John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Ardun Kits V8 V12
    WHi gang, Man Life's a B... attle. How has so much time gotten buy. Easy when you have so may projects to juggle. Anyway, Here is how the Big Beast came out. Had it at NNL West a couple of years ago, but I still have some plumbing Ardun Kits V8 V12 to do and then build a Lakester for it to Howl in. In the meantime I have been working a very exciting 3D printed engine that has been dragging on tar too long but should be killer when done. Thanks again to all you who bought kits or parts. I am hoping to be back in the shop again soon.

Ardun Kits V8 V12-bllower-hand-jpgArdun Kits V8 V12-potvin-1-jpgArdun Kits V8 V12-blown-v12-1-jpgArdun Kits V8 V12-bad-blower-1-jpg

Ardun Kits V8 V12
    Attached Images Attached Images Ardun Kits V8 V12-errie-sight-jpg Ardun Kits V8 V12-bad-blower-1-jpg Ardun Kits V8 V12-potvin-3-jpg 
    Last edited by Big John; 03-11-17 at 04:06 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #57