Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Aug 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-09-13 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hi Gang,

I have been building models since the 50s. Seen a lot of changes in the hobby, some good, some exciting, and some not so good and some that make you go... HuWhathe were they thinking.????

A few years back I had the opportunity to purchase a Big Deuce kit, needing the tires for another model project. With the tires I got a lot of other stuff that Monogram thought would be useful too, like a whold car and two engine options.

Of course, never being content with just building the model, my mind went of on some tangents and I got all excited about making a really cool 1/8 scale Ardun powerd belly-tank lakster. then one day I was checking out this SMC site and someone was talking about an Ardun headed Lincoln V-12 with a Potvin blower setup. That just took hold of my fragile mind and twisted in all sorts of ways.

You might say I do thing the hard way, or maybe I just like the challenge and satisfaction of doing hand work, but most of the parts of my models are hand shaped and sanded. I use a lot of RenShape 460, styrine, abs, brass, steel, wood etc.

Ok, so that just puts a little scratch in the surface of my background. I do commission model and CAD work and only reciently have been offering these 1/8 engine kits on the-bay, and have getten some very encouraging responces.

I intend to sell my products here on a sort of subscription basis, if that is the right word for it. I will gather orders and do a production run when I get enough orders. I am still thinking it through so I would appreciate suggestions from you pros, (with all due respect, you guys make some insane machines!)

I am also very interested in what would interest the rest of you 1/8 rodders out there. I can't and won't promise to do it all, I still have my own agenda . A means to an end sort of thing. Heck I would love to be able to build one of these beasts myself. After some thought I may just use the injected V12 in the belly tanker.

I know this is too long but it is my intro. Here's a little something I'v been playing with in photoshop.

Enjoy.
      Ardun Kits V8 V12-potvin-v12-sml-jpg

Ardun Kits V8 V12
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    thanks for the kind words, dave! glad you like it. i'm thinking it belongs in a salt flat car. maybe a schwoopie '32 kinda thing goin' on. what do you think?
    never poke a sleeping bear with a pointed stick!
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. chassisdude's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Michael
    Wholly Molly Dave !!!! A little robust ?....That thing is off the hook...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    32 would look sweet or maybe more of a streamliner. Either way, salt flat cars are cool!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. chassisdude's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Michael
    Just had to take another look....All I can say is....
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Just imagine Dave's magic touch on a Bonneville Speedster powered by this beast!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. chassisdude's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Michael
    im pretty sure well see something to that effect..it will be amazing for sure..
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    without a doubt. I can't wait to see!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    thanks a bunch guys! i'm leaning heavily towards the '32 as a body is readily available. while i'd love to do a streamliner, i don't see it being in the cards right now. maybe when i get the '37 finished and i can devote alot of time to it.

now, i just need to find a '32 kit.
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. chassisdude's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Michael
    I have an extra body if you need one buddy Lots of parts too let me know
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    i'll pm you mike.

uh,.......make that email you. LOL!
    Last edited by comp1839; 02-22-13 at 09:14 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    I just saw the Mormon Meteor III up close and personal........my mind is still reeling! Problem is, I had no idea I was going to see it and did not have even a cell phone with me to take pics. Thank God for mental imagery!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. chassisdude's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by spinellid82 View Post
    I just saw the Mormon Meteor III up close and personal........my mind is still reeling! Problem is, I had no idea I was going to see it and did not have even a cell phone with me to take pics. Thank God for mental imagery!
    That would be a bigger challenge to build in scale than Quadzilla !!!!! Its a cool car man...And you weren't prepared sarge Shame on you
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. Big John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    I am in Ahhhhh Dave!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now I know why you only needed the block, heads and rocker covers. Can't wait to see what kind of beast you drop it in. Aaaa, I think your snout is a tad long there though.

Ardun Kits V8 V12
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. Big John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by spinellid82 View Post
    Positively gorgeous!
    Thanks Sarge, I appreciate the sentament.

Ardun Kits V8 V12
    QUOTE QUOTE #30

15. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    thanks, john. we're working on the snout. although it's not that much too long. the blower setback on this is off the charts.
    never poke a sleeping bear with a pointed stick!
    QUOTE QUOTE #31