Close

Builder Last Online: Jan 2010 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 1.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 12-14-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

As my 3rd and most complete car, i had a 1932 fourdor sedan Model B (4 cyl) that i worked on for a year or so and finally sold. the buyer also bought a 32 2 door i had and made the two into a national senior winner! anyway, for years i have harbored the notion of making a Big Deuce into a big 4door. i have one with the flathead and at least have a couple of lindburg Ts with the spoke wheels. i would be happy to make a Model 18 (V8) Fordor but wouldnt mind scratching the B engine too if the body didnt take too much time. of course at nearly 60, i am running out of time (!!!) and have too many projects anyway (got an 89 Mustang factory prototype conv with only 281 mi on it to restore), so I am looking for any ready-made help! the man i sold the B to died recently and the sedan is no longer available for measurement but i remember enough to get it CLOSE! LOL. (still have an original front crossbar and license plate holder!). anyone out there interested in modeling ORIGINAL headlights, 4doors, etc?
      rich in WS, NC
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Welcome Rich!

This is probably not the place to sell "real" car parts but we'd sure love to see you build that 8th scale four door.

I'm thinking that one of our members may have done a Model B engine a few years ago. Jeff/Mario, was it one of you? If so, jump in here and lets get Rich excited.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. rich-nc's Avatar Member
    Name
    Richard
    HEY, i am sorry that i implied i had stuff to sell,, i was talking about real (ie, STOCK) headlights, engines, etc!!!!) ...sorry for the mis-representation!!!! (i have edited the post!!)
    BTW, i dont mind scratching something or making something out of something else... made a lot of headway on a 1-16 lakes 34 coupe, down to the inner door bracing and mailslot windows. still hung up on the track grille (like the lindburg T grille, but 1-16) and the flathead mill in 1-16.
    rich in NC

32 Ford 4 door sedan
    Last edited by rich-nc; 12-14-09 at 08:57 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    How about posting some pictures of your builds Rich.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. flamefink's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rich-nc View Post
    BTW, i dont mind scratching something or making something out of something else... made a lot of headway on a 1-16 lakes 34 coupe, down to the inner door bracing and mailslot windows. still hung up on the track grille (like the lindburg T grille, but 1-16) and the flathead mill in 1-16.
    rich in NC
    Hey Rich, if you look up the thread titled "cutting up more resin 32 Ford 4 door sedan ", it has some good pics of a 1/8 scale 32 2door body in its beginning stages. I believe he used an SMC pheaton and a EDeuce 5window body for the build.

A few years ago, Perrys Resin 32 Ford 4 door sedan was producing a lakes tyle 34 Coupe body in 1/16 that had a track nose molded to the hood. You may want to check with them to see if it may be still available.
    [i]Posted via Mobile Device[/i]
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. flamefink's Avatar Active Member
    I just checked the website and the 34 Coupe is still listed. Here's a link:
    http://www.perrysresin.com/catalog/p...ordsfcoupe.htm
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That 34 looks incredible. Can you put one of those on a deuce frame without modifying it too much? I'd really love to build a 34 hi boy with with a deuce grill instead.

As far as the model B engine goes, I seem to remember someone taking a whack at it but I can't remember who did it either. I know Syd was doing a stock deuce but I know for a fact he was using a stock flathead. Durn, my memory is getting fuzzy. I think I need a few more crayons. The low fat ones just don't seem to cut it anymore.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. flamefink's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rich-nc View Post
    still hung up on the track grille (like the lindburg T grille, but 1-16) and the flathead mill in 1-16.
    rich in NC
    Hey Rich,
    I just re-read your message and saw the part about the 1/16 flathead. Minicraft's hot rod versions of the Model A Truck & Roadster both come with a V8 flathead with a decent set of finned heads and a 3 carb setup. Not to mention a nice quick change rear and a dropped front axle with early ford juice brakes front and rear.

Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    That 34 looks incredible. Can you put one of those on a deuce frame without modifying it too much? I'd really love to build a 34 hi boy with with a deuce grill instead.

As far as the model B engine goes, I seem to remember someone taking a whack at it but I can't remember who did it either. I know Syd was doing a stock deuce but I know for a fact he was using a stock flathead. Durn, my memory is getting fuzzy. I think I need a few more crayons. The low fat ones just don't seem to cut it anymore.
    Hey HFC,
    The 34 Coupe is actually 1/16 scale. I'm assuming it would sit right on the chassis from the Revell 32 Ford 4 door sedan 1/16 34 Coupe or Pheaton.

As for the Deuce shell in 1/16, RMR Resin 32 Ford 4 door sedan was making a deuce shell in 1/16 a few years back. The one I got from them was a decent representation, but it never came with a grille insert.

I remember seeing a set of stock V8 flathead heads and a stock intake in the SMC Catalog.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Wow, 1/16. With that kind of look, I might just be able to scratch some kind of frame. Shouldn't be that difficult. After all, it is hot 32 Ford 4 door sedan rodding.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Quote Originally Posted by flamefink View Post
    Minicraft's hot 32 Ford 4 door sedan rod versions of the Model A Truck & Roadster both come with a V8 flathead with a decent set of finned heads and a 3 carb setup. Not to mention a nice quick change rear and a dropped front axle with early ford juice brakes front and rear.

And they build up real nice. Minicraft stuff is kinda hit or miss, but they hit it that time.
    This don't look like no expressway to me! - Jake Blues
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. flamefink's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Busted Hotness View Post
    And they build up real nice. Minicraft stuff is kinda hit or miss, but they hit it that time.
    I'd have to agree that the kits are an overall hit this time around. The only disappointment I had was the corners that were cut to mate the nice new parts to an already nice kit.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. rich-nc's Avatar Member
    Name
    Richard
    well, looked at the perrys resin 32 Ford 4 door sedan coupe and i might as well not finish my 1/16 coupe! lol. looks like he did it all!! (sorry for being gone but i got a new computer and been hassling w windows 7 for a while!)

yeh, forgot about the minicraft rod-- even have one tucked away for the flathead. cant remember if the bull horn has a 32 shell or a what. all my stuff is covered up with my daughters crap and baby crap piled up so i cant even get to my 89 mustang conv (factory prototype w 281 mi on it!) to get it ready to sell -- much less my models. UGH!!!!

the 32 shell itself wouldnt be too hard to scratch from an A shell unless you wanted to include the radiator cap and ford logo trim too. the basic peak is the same.

back to the 32 sedan: probably the resin 32 Ford 4 door sedan tub uses the roadster rear fenders, which would make it too narrow unless there was a LOT of overlap. sedans and tubs used different fenders from coupes and roadsters, about 2-3 inches narrower at the top if i remember correctly. thats why i cry about missing an opportunity to measure my friends 32 2-door before he died and it disappeared.

32 Ford 4 door sedan
    QUOTE QUOTE #12