Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jun 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-22-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Ha. You didn't think I was gonna let Don have all the fun around here, did ya?

What you see is the start of... something. The front axle is some chrome sprue Screaming RED Zonker , the body is a dog food scoop, engine left over from the Pink Willy, and the rest will just sort of happen.

Anything that looks like it would never work in 1:1 Screaming RED Zonker scale is just too bad This build is all about having some fun and using up the leftovers. I'm having fun already, so mission accomplished!
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Well alright then, that's motivation enough for me to blow the dust and cob webs off the Yellow Zonker and finish the darn thing.......you've got a pretty good start there Stu, so do I...let the fun begin!
    No rules, no scale guidelines (other than big). Let's see just how far we can push our twisted minds and peek into those gray areas that the "grown ups" won't venture into.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how yours morphs into what it wants to be.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Lowcab36's Avatar Member
    Name
    Chuck
    Old Busted Hotness - Looks like an interesting project .. lots of directions a guy could choose... where did those tasty front spoke wheels surface from? Exterminator Dragster ? .. Don- any progress on your Yellow Zonker ?
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Old Busted Hotness's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Stu
    Yep, those are from the Exterminator. I've been drawing this car on napkins, notebooks, etc since middle school, and it's always had wire wheels, so those were a no-brainer.

Made a little progress:

The frame is from the Exterminator, cut just about in half. Front leaf is scratchbuilt, and you can see I cut up the dog food scoop a little.

If one supercharger is good, two must be more good, right? Blow-through Strombergs may not even be possible, but it makes for interesting pipework. I'm debating whether or not to add a turbo or three.

This is where the victim, er... driver sits. He's gonna have to spread his legs wide to get around the engine.

Just because.

Screaming RED Zonker
    This don't look like no expressway to me! - Jake Blues
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Now that is just plain comical fun! Like you said, it may not even be possible in the real world but what the hell, that's why we model!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Darn it, now I've got to change my induction system....3 toilet bowls won't compete with that.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Old Busted Hotness's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Stu
    Heck no, this is a whole sewage treatment plant

Playing with the idea of a track nose, from the Lindberg T. I cut off the weird off-center hump and turned it into a scoop, then moved the bit I cut out to fill in the hole left by the hump. Whole thing still needs smoothing. If I use this, it'll probably get some teeth in the grille opening.

Racers will know what this is for.

Steering box and linkage. There's even less room for the driver's feet now. It's gonna be tricky.

Screaming RED Zonker
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Even less room here then in a belly tanker! It needs teeth if yer gonna use that nose!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You know, I was just sittin' here looking the induction system over...if you you call those 6 pots throttle bodies instead of Strombergs & move the fuel lines down to 6 big injectors at the base of 'em you'd have a double blown, fuel injected engine instead of the blow thru set-up?
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Old Busted Hotness's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Stu
    True, but then I'd have to chop off the float bowls. And besides, six blow-thru Strombergs is flat out demented

Screaming RED Zonker
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Demented? What one man holds as demented another holds as common sense. Thank goodness common sense aint so common.
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Old Busted Hotness's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Stu
    Hold onto that thought, cause it's gonna get weird.

Got some paint on the chassis, raising the total expenditure for this project to $5.82. Also started some headers. No snail, just to give our yellow friend a fighting chance

Hard to tell with the flash Screaming RED Zonker , but I painted the wheel centers a sort of "I polished them last week and damned if I'm gonna do it again" magnesium.

Ah-oooh-gah.

Screaming RED Zonker
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Hmmmmmmm, gotta admit, that's one whacked out ride. Best part is...it's kinda feasible in a strange sorta way.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Old Busted Hotness's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Stu
    As long as the driver has a couple extra knees, sure

Screaming RED Zonker
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Old Busted Hotness's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Stu
    Got the fuel tank mounted:

Since there's no place else to put it, I made an L bracket and plonked it on top of the supercharger. Fuel line goes thru the frame to avoid getting tangled up in the other supercharger's belt drive. Um, but there's no pump. I've got a plan for that, though.

Show us your pearly whites! I added some half-round and strip styrene Screaming RED Zonker to the opening to give it a little depth.

These tires aren't great, but they're good nuff Letters are hand cut and glued on.

Screaming RED Zonker
    QUOTE QUOTE #15