Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Builder Last Online: Aug 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-19-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I have the carburetor blown 426 on order. Researched many photos but need some information.

1. None of the photos show a fan so I guess anybody putting one of these in a deuce had a pretty good water pump?

2. None showed the installation of an alternator so are these engines only for dragsters running on battery? The TDR TDR Blown Hemi 426 CAD picture shows the alternator not mounted but laying beside the engine? Will there be interference between the alternator and the blower drive?

3. Will I have to buy a dragster kit to mount this beast??

TDR Blown Hemi 426
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Trying to set up front motor mounts.

Anyone wanting to provide front motor mounts may want to angle the fuel pump slightly towards the front or sand TDR Blown Hemi 426 the mount to lean the fuel pump toward the front. I made too beefy a mount as figure 1 shows but I was worrying about strength.

Figures 2 and 3 show how little room there is for the front mount. I had to sand TDR Blown Hemi 426 away part of the pump and much of the mount ear. I usually knock the fuel pump off at least once when handling these engines so if I do it soon I will sand TDR Blown Hemi 426 the fuel pump mounting face to a wedge shape like I did to the exhaust header.

TDR Blown Hemi 426
    Attached Images Attached Images TDR Blown Hemi 426-img_3048-jpg  TDR Blown Hemi 426-img_3050-jpg  TDR Blown Hemi 426-img_3051-jpg 
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Ya know what Syd, building models these days, with all the cool aftermarket stuff thats available, is just building 1:1 TDR Blown Hemi 426 cars. Ya gotta mock everything up before paint and assembly.

What I like about this thread is all the detail you've put into this engine build. Nice work Syd!
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I have to agre with Rick. You're definitely the TDR TDR Blown Hemi 426 expert. When we need help on a TDR TDR Blown Hemi 426 product, we turn to you Syd. You do a great job.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Wasn't complaining guys. Just that a very slight angle change to mounting the fuel pump makes the difference to a straight shot from the motor mount base. Had no problem with it on the basic 426 - here I must have twisted it ever so slightly back. As you can see it is only about a 1/16" problem. There is a good distance from the fuel pump base to the bottom interference point. Doesn't take much of an angle to interfere.

The machinist types would have no problem mimicking the real mounts and installing them.

TDR Blown Hemi 426
    Attached Images Attached Images TDR Blown Hemi 426-sbbbcmm-jpg 
    Last edited by sydeem; 02-22-10 at 02:28 PM.
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #35