Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 1
      Started: 08-22-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

While I was waiting for stuff to dry on the Cord, I started a new build, Revell 1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell 's 1/12 50th Anniversary 57 Chevy. It's the exact same kit made by Revell 1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell of Germany except the tires are better quality. The stock tires however are not made to fit the plastic white walls so some modification will have to be made to the wheels and the white walls will have to be paintedon. It's going to take a little figuring out but the solution is not impossible. I want the car to look fairly stock. The kit does not come with steelie wheels, just a backing and either hubcaps or mags. I may have to scratchbuild some new wheels to fit the tires and some brake drums if I want bolt on wheels.

In any case, here is a small part of the build. It's the fuel injection for the 283 with some of the pipes and tubes. It still needs more so I'll have to do a little more picture searching to see what I need to fill in. The assembly was sprayed with several different colors of Model Master's metalizers but not buffed out. A little black wash was added but I'm still going to add some more weathering 1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell as I go along. I had to strip the block and repaint it because of a stupid rookie mistake. I didn't want to use the Hemi orange on the Chevy so I primed the block with MM gray primer 1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell and then used Krylon orange over that. Big Booo Booo. The two don't go together well at all.
      the Krylon sticks to the primer 1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell fairly well but when you scrape 1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell it for a gluing 1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell surface, it peels off like a rubber gasket. It's been stripped, resanded and will be painted Model Master's Huggar Orange lacquer 1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell which is more of a Chevy color. More pics after that's been done.

1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell

Build Photos

1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell-dsc00010-jpg  1/12 scale 57 Chevy by Revell-dsc00017-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Hemi Killer's Avatar Active Member
    I bought myself a mini netbook, 10.5 inch screen. I use it for work and fits perfectly up on topf of my parts box when Im working. I use the computer when i build for reference photos.

heres a link to a 57 fuel injected that has photos taken in great lighting.

Unique Specialty and Classic Cars - Mankato, Minnesota - Inventory Details - 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Fuel Inject. $69,500.00
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks for the link, Hemi. I have some good pics but I didn't have those and there's a lot of pics that show things I haven't got. I've been working on the wheels. The detail there is very lacking in this kit. I'm basically rebuilding the wheels. There also is no option for steelies and dog dishes unles I totally scratchbuild them.

Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. Hemi Killer's Avatar Active Member
    what about from the Camaro or other 1/12 Chevy kits?

If your wheels turn out the way you want, would you make a set available for purchase?
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I'm not sure about the Camaro. I'd have to take a good look at them. I could make the Chevy wheels but I could never promise when I can get them to you. I work very slowly and life keeps getting in the way.

Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. Hemi Killer's Avatar Active Member
    no worries.
    QUOTE QUOTE #21