Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: big t build up

Builder Last Online: Aug 2011 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 06-13-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

im starting this post to show the progress on the big t 3n1 i should have here by tuesday. I have done one large scale model before this and i figured out what not to do on that one lol.
      im going to shoot me a 60s style and it will be built with the bed. What ever i dont use ill have up for sale so when i get through the parts ill list up what i have and hope you guys can give me some guidence to what its worth. so far heres what i have ordered
      big t 3 in 1 kit 85$ 8 shipping
      hilborne injection setup with brass stacks(will be getting painted) $26.00
      resin big t build up corvette valve covers that im hoping dont need much clean up
      a member is going to get back to me about if he has a blower set up but if that does not happen the hilborne will be used if its not i will use it on the next one.
      look for updates starting right when the kit comes in
      the stuff im still looking for is,
      m&H Racemaster slicks it sucks they dont have the writeing in the new kit.
      prostreet style tires such as off the golden t
      golden t headers the plating doesnt matter they are going to be modded
      im sure ill think of something lol
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Sounds like you have things pretty much in order. Take a look at the T Buckets made by Tommy Ivo and Norm Grabowski. Those two set the stage for all the other buckets from then on.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. 87fierogt's Avatar Active Member
    alot of older guys are surprised i even know what a tbucket is. theres two cars i will build when i can afford to, a fiero gt and a t bucket pref. steel. i really hope i can get my hands on a blower without spending a million bucks but if i cant the hilborn is just as cool. i think the vette valve covers will add to the 60s feel im goin for. i plan on doing this met. blue or a modern car color. i wanna do something cool with the exaust not sure what yet but ill figure it out step by step. i hope it comes out good compared to the deuce

big t build up
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. 87fierogt's Avatar Active Member
    stay tuned for pics later tonight i got the kit a little bit ago and am heading to walmart to grab some paint i really wish i didnt bend the bigger needle for the airbrush big t build up but what can ya do. im going to build it with the pic up bed and the torque thrusts. also ill link ya to my ebay when i put up the stuff i am not useing. Im kinda disapointed compared to the big deuce since most of the stuff is chrome(not a bad thing) and i also dont like that everything is molded in color it just makes it a little more time consuming during the priming. I have the hilborne setup in the mail but rick deff helped me out with a blower which is what i really wanted, thanks rick!

big t build up
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    If you have any doubts as to how to handle something, post the question and we'll get you the info fast. That way, we can help you over the rough spots and help you avoid remakes. :)'
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. 87fierogt's Avatar Active Member
    thanks im sure ill have a few questions. i cant wait for these vette valve covers, and an induction setup to get here so i can get further on the motor i just sprayed the block,waterpump and heads in orange then once that dries im going to mask the block and spray the trans met silver. thats when ill shoot some pics. i picked up some rustolelum cobalt mettalic blue for the body and bed and am debating what color i should shoot the frame gloss black or blue what do you guys think?

big t build up
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. 87fierogt's Avatar Active Member
    huge update with pics being posted in the morning. i got the chassis done but i managed to break the pins that go thru to hold the break disks on but got it fixed without to much damage but the wheels dont turn. it looks amazing im hoping the valve covers come tomorrow so i can finish the motor, the body and bed are outside with the clear drying ill wetsand hit it with one more coat and depending how it looks it might not be sanded and buffed. i still cant decide on an interior color the tan would go really well with this cobalt blue met but im going for a late 50s early 60s build so it might end up black with some blue highlights. ill get some pics up in the early morning id like some opinons i have been bored out of my mind being 18 and out of work so i have been working on it 6 hours a day and although i didnt go super detailed or many mods the little things ive added i think make this kit. im gonna give a shot at building some homemade headers tomorrow and get at least some kind of exhaust mounted.

big t build up
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. 87fierogt's Avatar Active Member
    urick came for me HUGEEEE i now have a blower headers that shoot underneath a set of chrome vette covers 1 or 2 pairs of resin big t build up vette covers a motor with a 4 barrel intake,4-5 hilborne setups and only ask for me to pay shipping he really made my day i know have enough cool stuff for the next few models. i dropped the body when i was putting the last coat of clear im heading to walmart to go grab another can of cobalt blue so i just gotta wetsand one edge hit it with blue and clear. i think you guys will like this big t it came out much better then i thought. i have 1 thing i need to finish this or a direction on what to use for it. and also 1 to finish another project that will be started when this is done

blower belt would i use or does someone have one i can buy?
    and a 4 barrel carb

big t build up
    Last edited by 87fierogt; 06-22-09 at 03:26 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's awful. Last time I dropped something, it was about 2 weeks ago. I was just shooting the last coat of clear on my deuce chassis and it slipped right off the holder. It landed right on one corner and proceeded to fall apart, filler and all. I know just how you feel. Looks like you have the repair situation under control. I can't wait to see your pics. Hope your luck is better.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. 87fierogt's Avatar Active Member
    i fixed it and it finally came out PERFECT no need to buff at all there is one or two tiny specks dirt under the clear but nothing huge. im actually assembleing the motor as we speak i got the chrome vette valve covers on(im so glad he sent these so i didnt have to use resin big t build up ones) and the blower manifold. its really coming together but now its almost done and onto the next one :)

big t build up
    Last edited by 87fierogt; 06-23-09 at 01:03 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Show us some pictures.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    We love pics Alex.......you know what they say, one picture is worth a thousand words. We're anxious to see this this puppy. ;';;';
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. 87fierogt's Avatar Active Member
    look for em by 245 im wireing the engine now then i gotta switch to the desktop the computer from my cyberschool(that has to go back lol) wont let me on photobucket. im pretty proud of this one whats the best way to align the blower on the manifold?

big t build up
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Alex......intstall your crank pulley and line the blower pulley up with it, that will determine how far forward it needs to be on the manifold or give you a clue as to if you need to extend the snout on the blower case, most of all, if it looks right it'll tell you...listen carefully and do some eyeball engineeing.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. 87fierogt's Avatar Active Member
    awsome thanks don. i got the blower in primer big t build up since there were some blemishs in the chrome and then im gonna shoot it in rustolem met. aluminum possible the scoop in the cobalt blue and i left the rear cover and the front cover in chrome. I decided on an interior color i shot the bench seat white with the center in the cobalt blue met. and i must say it looks awsome. im disapointed the big t doesnt have spark plugs like the deuce. I think i found a rubber band to work as the belt unless someone knows where to get one ;) i gotta paint it though

big t build up
    QUOTE QUOTE #15