Close

Another TDR Offy build
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself Ė all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Another TDR Offy build Another TDR Offy build Another TDR Offy build Another TDR Offy build Another TDR Offy build
Accepted Payment Types

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Builder Last Online: Aug 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 04-14-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Rather than hog Daytonatimís thread I will start my own. One thing about this model is TDR Another TDR Offy build provides an abundance of detail parts as shown in image 1. I plan to deviate from the provided parts as I experiment with details. For instance I will replace the provided detail at the bottom of the block on one side with washers and screws plus a styrene Another TDR Offy build cover plate as mocked up in image 2. I think 0.8 cap screws might work for attaching the upper side plates and 1.1 cap screws for the bottom plates as mocked in image 3. I just doubt my ability to make up proper studs and nuts as on the real engine. Anyway this is a start.

Another TDR Offy build

Build Photos

Another TDR Offy build-img_2390-jpg  Another TDR Offy build-block-washers-jpg  Another TDR Offy build-img_2406-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Guess I can move on the the 426 now. Completed right side coolant pipe and rear brace. Really like working with this stuff now that I have been initiated.

Another TDR Offy build
    Attached Images Attached Images Another TDR Offy build-model-jpg  Another TDR Offy build-model-jpg  Another TDR Offy build-model-top-jpg 
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #47

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's really looking great Syd. You da master of the RP Another TDR Offy build .
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #48

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Nice job Syd.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #49

4. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by sydeem View Post
    If you ever produce the engine stands - I will be your first customer.

Might be prudent to include your paper on finishing this material with each kit. I doubt I will be the only customer that rushes into sanding Another TDR Offy build everything down to smooth only to find out I over sanded or didn't maintain orthogonal surfaces. Slow and slight is the only way.
    Syd, contact me via email and we will see what we can do with the stand.

Not a bad idea on the finishing instruction sheet or maybe a dedicated thread on SMC. We will see what we can do.

Tim
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #50

5. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    I discovered that I had placed the water inlet facing the wrong way. Finally faced it forward to the radiator.

Another TDR Offy build
    Attached Images Attached Images Another TDR Offy build-img_2548-jpg  Another TDR Offy build-img_2549-jpg 
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #51