Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2011 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 07-05-08 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hiyas.. rainy day here, so model building it is. I am working on the ardun/scot combo. I have some pics, but don't seem to get many hits when I google it. I am getting ready to put the heads on, and am not sure which way they go. I am assuming that the "bumps go on front, but...I want it to bo right. The pics I have don't have the "bumps" on the front, but not sure that they are the same. I assume that the bumps have something to do with the valve train...so, they go in back. or the front?????
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Johnw's Avatar Active Member
    The bumps should be in the front of the engine. I think the bumps on the front of the SMC Ardun heads are some sorta cover. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ines/Ardun.jpg

http://www.museumofamericanspeed.com...lphaE020.shtml
    Last edited by Johnw; 07-05-08 at 05:33 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. BigN's Avatar Active Member
    ....and the "old" exhaust ports just get blocked off? It seems that there are several different types of ardun....some have cooling externally, and some are internal?

ardun/scot combo
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. BigN's Avatar Active Member
    ...I don't see the bumps I am refering to on any pictures that you linked. I am refering to the circle with a "nipple" in the middle of it that is the SMC ardun heads.

ardun/scot combo
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Johnw's Avatar Active Member
    Sorry about that I thought you meant this thing. I like to Edit my posts too much so that might be it.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1215294845
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Water-neck block off. Or you can drill and add your own neck to them. JohnW has a good pic right above showing these. They go in front.

Exhaust is blocked off on the block you should have the 6 block off plates in the kit. Daniel
    Attached Images Attached Images ardun/scot combo-ardun-20flathead-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. BigN's Avatar Active Member
    Okay....a lot of the pics I have found didn't show that. I see some that have the water hooked up on center top of head? Some have nothing on front, and I think I found one pic that shows them in the back.....maybe unidirectional? I continue to look for more pics...thanks.

ardun/scot combo
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Johnw's Avatar Active Member
    If I'm not mistaken the newer style Ardun heads would have the water necks on the top center and the older ones up in front.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Its really your choice Bign front on top. If you want to go with the top location let me know Ive got some necks that will work perfectly.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. BigN's Avatar Active Member
    Okay...this pic shows it on back...I think. Soooo....maybe they had same fitting on both ends of head???

ardun/scot combo
    Attached Images Attached Images ardun/scot combo-ardun2-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. MADD FABRICATOR's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Richard D. Zimmerman
    bigN, the Ardun heads were designed to be unidirectional installation, thus the water outlets on each end of the head. In the last photo you posted the rear of the engine has the water outlet cover installed, while the front of the engine has the 45 degree outlet fitting for the radiator hose installed. Later versions of the head had the water outlets located in the center of the head, thus eliminating the need for those covers on the end of the heads.
    Good Luck with the build.
    CHEERZZZZ !!!!! (M.F.)
    NEVER argue with an IDIOT, for he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience !!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Here I dug this out of the Rodders Journal. Front and back shots of the same Ardun showing what you asked about.
    Attached Images Attached Images ardun/scot combo-cci07072008_00000-png  ardun/scot combo-cci07072008_00001-png 
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    WICKED!!! I'd love to have one of those to go along with the resin ardun/scot combo coupe.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I agree with Guido. That would look great in a 3 window hiboy, no hood, a black suede finish, wide whites and Olds Fiesta hubcaps.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Johnw's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks for clearing that up guys, you learn something new everyday. Heres some pictures of an ardun scot combo with the later style heads, found em on the hamb. Hopefully these pictures aren't too big.

QUOTE QUOTE #15