Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: May 2009 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 02-09-08 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

A peek at a good way to totaly distroy a vintage and valuable Big Tub Enjoy! This body was broken when I got it so no mint Tub was hurt while doing this! HA HA! This is the body we used to make the fiberglass repop it was cut in half and I put it back together leveled the sides added half round plastistrut and so on now mocking up the side panels. The frame is for mockup. The new frame will be Zd at both ends with a blown Ford Y block from the Lindberg 3n1 T kit wich has all the generator setup on it. And it will roll on the Big and littles from the B.Deuce reissue with a set of our new artilery wheels! This is one of those fun builds I like to do with no hard set plan. I just start throwing stuff together and see where it takes me.

Build Photos

T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-p2080001-jpg  T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-del01-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's a pretty good start. It should blend into the body easily
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Love it Rich, this kind of fun build is enjoyable for sure. Do you mind if I pull it over to Adobe and play with your creation? I'd like a visual of it with the windshield height where it is but raise the rear of the top a tad to give it that nose down raked looked I drooled over as a kid.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Do it Don! Post pics. if you can. Might give me some ideas!

T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Here's what it looks like with the sides installed. Still have lots of interior frame work to do. Also the frame, I pie cut T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub it just in front of the firewall for that "fun" look! This thing is going to be wacky!! I am using the Last reissue Big T for the frame with coilovers etc. This is the kit before they retooled it back to the orig. 60s car.

Attached Images Attached Images T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-bod1-jpg  T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-bod2-jpg  T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-rail-jpg  T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-rail2-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. I love this kind of build. Let the car tell you what it wants to be. One hasn't steered me wrong yet!
    This don't look like no expressway to me! - Jake Blues
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Doctor Cool's Medicine and Magic Elixir Wagon. Sweet!
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. slingshot's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    This is looking like a pretty cool build so far, can anyone say “in the weeds”!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Here's where I am at tonite! Mocked up rearend put the kit tires on it got the front sitting on a roll of tape with the tire sitting in front of it. Body needs to be channeled more in front and I may use some bigger slicks out of the Extermanator on it or should I run the Big firestone bias plys out of the last deuce? Any imput guys? The Y block looks HUGE in this thing almost cartoony so I don't kbnow if I will run it jurys out on that for now. Still needs to be lower in front higher in back.

Attached Images Attached Images T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-mock1-jpg  T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-mock2-jpg  T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-mock3-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    The B.F. Goodrich T/A N-50's radials look cool on it.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. mdlrk
    mdlrk's Avatar Guest
    Rich,
    How wide are the TA N-50s? I want some fat rear meat for my projects. I'll trade off Exterminator slicks for fat rear meat, too.
    Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Here we go again...I'm for stones, Kelsey Hayes wires and of course wide whites.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. mdlrk
    mdlrk's Avatar Guest
    Love stones....Rolling Stones....wire wheels are awsome.....Hayes? Shaft? John Shaft?....hahahahahah! So dinosaur....
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. I am leaning towards the stones myself!! Like I said this is a mock up just to get my bearings on were this thing is going. We have our club meeting tonight so i am taking it with me for show and tell see if I get any ideas from any of my buds! Any one have any engine ideas??

QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Nailhead!
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #15