Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: May 2009 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 02-09-08 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

A peek at a good way to totaly distroy a vintage and valuable Big Tub Enjoy! This body was broken when I got it so no mint Tub was hurt while doing this! HA HA! This is the body we used to make the fiberglass repop it was cut in half and I put it back together leveled the sides added half round plastistrut and so on now mocking up the side panels. The frame is for mockup. The new frame will be Zd at both ends with a blown Ford Y block from the Lindberg 3n1 T kit wich has all the generator setup on it. And it will roll on the Big and littles from the B.Deuce reissue with a set of our new artilery wheels! This is one of those fun builds I like to do with no hard set plan. I just start throwing stuff together and see where it takes me.

T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub

Build Photos

T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-p2080001-jpg  T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-del01-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    A nice nailhead would be great. I also vote for the KH and stones with the wide whites.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Rich.....how about an Ardun. We haven't seen many of them around here.
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. Johnw's Avatar Active Member
    It's coming along great Rich! I agree with hotfordcoupe and Don, a buick nailhead would look awesome in that sucker!
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    One of these days with any kind of luck someone will master one.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. What would you guys think about using the kit SBC with fuel inj. from the pe 62 and headeres from the Big Rod with the stones and steelies?? I'll mock it up and post photo.

QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. mdlrk
    mdlrk's Avatar Guest
    Rich,
    I don't have any of the old issues....what does the fuel injection system look like? Can you post a pic?
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. Here it is guys, Fuelie is a hilburn unit I think this might be pretty kool after I get the body channeled further Paint the whitewalls, Get the front axle mocked up etc. I am tring to build this thing all out of the parts box.

Attached Images Attached Images T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-eng1-jpg  T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-eng2-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Looks like this....I don't have any tubes left and usually just make by my own by single flaring tubing at one end...that way I can make them ridiculously tall, hee, hee.
    You can get a flaring tool at the auto parts store for under 20 bucks. They usually have them in the brake parts section...good place to get the tubing too.
    Attached Images Attached Images T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-afi-jpg 
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Rich, you're having way too much fun with this project...
    I'd like to see a visor over that windshield, maybe even drilled with large holes the entire length.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Hey Rich

The Donald always accuses me of being too critical around here so I'm going to give him more fodder to play with. When I look at the body, it looks a bit boxy. I really like the chop but I think if you open up the side window's by 3/4 to a full inch, it will have the "look" you want. You'll have to re-scribe the doors, but thats no big deal.

The other thing I have trouble with, is the front tires. (ya, here I go again Don). This is not a criticism of your build Rich, but we are still stuck with those kit front's that are too darn BIG. This build, my T build and future sedan (heh heh) builds would would look so..oooooooohhhhh much better with a smaller front tire. I know Thorsten has some experience with shaveing kit tires so I'm going to see if he'll give us a tutorial.

Anyway Rich, carry on, its gonna be cool!
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    .....and perhaps a set of these to match the injector tubes.
    Sounds like let's gang up and mess with Rich day.
    Attached Images Attached Images T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub-arp-jpg 
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 02-24-08 at 02:27 PM.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. The front tires are Orig. Big T streched over the Deuce wheels. I'll stick the pipes from the latter T on with some hot T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub glue and see if I like them. Reason I was using the Rod headers is they are not as common as the other ones and makes the Monogram purists shudder at the thought that I used them and stripped the chrome! Little do they know they are Resin T Sedan Delivery AKA Mangling a Big Tub copys I made! And yes rick I think the Windows should be opened up a little more. Visor is on the list also. I'll keep on pluggin away and keep feedin me ideas and I might just finish this thing! Plus I need to bash out a set long injector tubes!

QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. slingshot's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    The fuel injection looks really good on that car, probably better than any other setup would. Do you have one of those Big Drag roll hoops lying around? That might look interesting behind the driver’s seat or in the back.
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. I am working on the front suspension tonight. I am using the suicide front end from the same kit as the frame came from. Is it just me or is this thing a big hunk of DoDo? Both radius rods are warped beaond useing and did anyone else notice there are no shocks on it. Guess Monogram ran out of money after they put 4 of them on the back! Ha Ha! But it will look cool ! Hangs way out front plus I am going to use the chopped 32 grill shell out of the orig Big T . Wacked the base off of it and i am cutting down an orig. custom grill out of the Deuce. Should look wicked!

QUOTE QUOTE #30

15. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Rich's Flexy Flyer...........all it needs now is a shift knob sticking through the "chicken bone hole" in the roof and a Weiro peering out the window.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #31