Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
      Builder Last Online: Nov 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-30-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I was gabbing with Rick t'other evening and discussing what's coming up for '08 and the forum.......
      A valid point was brought up and we thought about it for a bit and here's what we wound up with...

We have a number of very talented, experienced modelers that contribute a wealth of information and inspiration to the forum as well as new techniques....some of the best I've seen.

Rick and I thought maybe we were so caught up in all this that we might be overlooking the guys that are new to large scale modeling and the folks that might be a little intimidated by tearing up a new kit to build something a little different than every other T kit.

I need your feedback to determine if enough of you would like to do a step by step build along.
      Here's a quick overview of what you'll need if you want to have some fun....

T-kit (any flavor)
      Hobby shop sheet styrene C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" and misc. plastic.
      Hobby knife C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" and blades
      Sandpaper
      Putty C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"

I'll sketch out the patterns for the body pieces and post them...there will be a ruler at the bottom of the page so that you can size them and print them out. Use them as patterns to cut out the pieces....the rest is easy...I'll go step by step through the assembly and you will be able to use it with your kit built T chassis and suspension etc. Any modification to kit parts will be minor.

So, as easy as pie. you can scratch build C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" a custom C-cab body or a custom C/cab Surf Woody....(balsa wood or craft store stuff, no exotic woods unless you want to personalize your version)

We won't be using lathes, drill presses, computer drawings or any of that stuff....just old school modeling.

So let me know and I'll pull up some of the old pics of the prototype I was working on to give you an idea of what it would look like.

C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Either that or shoot some Alclad C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" on them if you like to do that. I still regret that I don't have access anymore to a metal casting C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" setup with a centrifugal throw arm. The lab I used to use in Florida said all I had to do is pay for the metal and they would cast the stuff in nickel-chromium metal. It doesn't corrode and polishes up like chrome. It's virtually indestructable. Ah, I'm dreamin' again.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #107

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    We used to have a saying in the old days...if it don't go chrome it. Seriously guys, chome doesn't make the the model. Early rods had very little if any. Too much bling can really screw up an otherwise great car.
    A lot of the things you see chromed on show cars are down right dangerous on a street rod. Chromed springs and spindles or frames for example are a big No, No. Real mag wheels aren't chrome, polished aluminum is not chrome. Chome baby moons are cool however.

Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #108

3. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Yeah I know, I know.... But these are the old 5 star Cragars. They wouldn't look cool any other color...
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #109

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    I had a set on the front of my '56 BelAir....no way could I keep 'em from rusting at the seams.....left the rims chrome and sprayed the spokes and hubs flat gray with chrome lugs....looked cool and a lot less hassle. I like to drive my cars, never have built a trailer queen.

Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #110

5. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Now that I have a lathe that I could work with, I could narrow the width down on one to turn it into a front runner.... And the other one to fit the B.F. Goodrich N-50's. Let me know an' I'll ship them to Dan when I'm done with them..... Gotta go.... I'm running late fer work! seeya!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #111

6. slingshot's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    They would be nice wheels to have if they want to cast them.
    QUOTE QUOTE #112

7. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Thanks Sling! I'll try and do something with them this week if I get a chance... We're so busy at work right now... I'll be working 13.5 hours a night till further notice.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #113

8. Medicine Man II's Avatar Member
    Name
    John
    My dad built this car in the 70's from Battle Creek MI, Anyone know who owns it now? This car was equipped with dual blowers but they were just dummy units that encased the carbs, I believe it had a chrome jag rear end and up underneath the back was a cowboy hat siloute. The interior was done by Carl Casper. This car was shown on the ISCA circuit in the 70's.. miss those days... The C-cab... I still a can of brass wax my dad used to polish all that brass that I break out once in awhile just to smell the days gone past. Later and before he sold this car was painted and became knows as the Dr John the medicine manC-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"-487514_428857183866202_2040184383_n-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #114