Close

C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself – all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"
Accepted Payment Types

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-30-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I was gabbing with Rick t'other evening and discussing what's coming up for '08 and the forum.......
      A valid point was brought up and we thought about it for a bit and here's what we wound up with...

We have a number of very talented, experienced modelers that contribute a wealth of information and inspiration to the forum as well as new techniques....some of the best I've seen.

Rick and I thought maybe we were so caught up in all this that we might be overlooking the guys that are new to large scale modeling and the folks that might be a little intimidated by tearing up a new kit to build something a little different than every other T kit.

I need your feedback to determine if enough of you would like to do a step by step build along.
      Here's a quick overview of what you'll need if you want to have some fun....

T-kit (any flavor)
      Hobby shop sheet styrene C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" and misc. plastic.
      Hobby knife C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" and blades
      Sandpaper
      Putty C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"

I'll sketch out the patterns for the body pieces and post them...there will be a ruler at the bottom of the page so that you can size them and print them out. Use them as patterns to cut out the pieces....the rest is easy...I'll go step by step through the assembly and you will be able to use it with your kit built T chassis and suspension etc. Any modification to kit parts will be minor.

So, as easy as pie. you can scratch build C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" a custom C-cab body or a custom C/cab Surf Woody....(balsa wood or craft store stuff, no exotic woods unless you want to personalize your version)

We won't be using lathes, drill presses, computer drawings or any of that stuff....just old school modeling.

So let me know and I'll pull up some of the old pics of the prototype I was working on to give you an idea of what it would look like.

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Willys41's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Don check this out may have something you can use in the C Cab build

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1923-...QQcmdZViewItem
    An Artist dips his brush into his soul before every stroke.
    QUOTE QUOTE #77

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Thanks Dave.

Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #78

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Good set of pics Dave. Great research.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #79

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    At this point I'm going to do same sanding C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" , clean-up and detail work . The bottom section is close to being complete and now would be a good time to add your own personal touches and make whatever adjustments are needed for your particular engine and drive train. Don't forget to cut a slot in the rear deck for the buggy spring perch if you are using a stock kit frame.
    I'll be sanding C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" the cowl lamp mounts and body details off at this point 'cause I will add my own details later....that's up to you.
    Wood with brass rub strips for the rear deck area would be a nice touch.
    Got my bud "Bones" to help with the sanding C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" .

Attached Images Attached Images C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"-bones-001-jpg 
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #80

5. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Hey Don. What do pay this guy to do all that hard work??...
    Last edited by Deuces-wild; 01-08-08 at 06:27 AM.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #81

6. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    He loves it.

TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #82

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Bones is looking a little thin there don. You been feeding him right?
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #83

8. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Are you kiddin'? When I first got him he was one of those little guys that came in a 1/25th scale kit...he eats scrap styrene C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" , resin C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" and an occasional crayon (which I have plenty of), he is 1/6th scale now and still growing.
    I may have to build a 1/4 scale model just to keep up with him.

TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #84

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Makes sense to me. Great comeback.
    QUOTE QUOTE #85

10. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    My next post in this thread I hope to have some primer C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" on the bottom section of the C-cab. I'm going to plastic weld the seam in the sides of the body but you can sand C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" and fill it with your favorite putty C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" if you prefer. I try to avoid fillers C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" as much as possible.

TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #86

11. Don you got me again. Now I am wackin up a big Tub and making a chopped panel truck out of it. THANKS!
    QUOTE QUOTE #87

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You had too much idle time on your hands Rich....just helpin' out......

TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #88

13. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    I was working on this just before the site had issues...so here's a couple more photos.
    The basics for the lower half are done so as you can see in the first pic, I welded the side and melted in some plastic filler. You could just sand C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T" and fill if you prefer. The second pic is the sanded seam.
    In the last photo I'm removing all the body seams and cowl lamp mounts.....that's up to you. Next I'll do a little detailing to the shell and interior just for fun.

Attached Images Attached Images C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"-asand-004-jpg  C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"-asand-003-jpg  C-Cab/Surf Woody for the Big "T"-asand-005-jpg 
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #89

14. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    The inside strengthening is what I'm interested in. I like the way you did that with the plastic strip.
    QUOTE QUOTE #90

15. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Keep up the great work!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #91