Close

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jul 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 05-18-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Okay, I've decided to do a thread on my first 1:8 scale build. It is a "Big T" and even though you are probably tired of seeing them I hope to be a bit different. I will figure out how to upload photo's but probably not for a while.

All that is done so far is the finishing of the TDR Another "Big T" build. IRS to primered, the modification and finishing to primered of a TDR Another "Big T" build. IFS and custom V.C.'s, timing cover, oil pan and "functional" Dominator carb for the TDR Another "Big T" build. 350. I'll be ordering a 4 speed shortly.

Build Photos

Another "Big T" build.-mockup8-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. EstebanLoco's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    I don't know about everyone else, but I am never tired of seeing another T-bucket, whether it's based on the Big T or one of the Lindy kits. In fact, I plan on putting my own spin on one or more T's this summer.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Steve
    [I]I'm just a soul whose intentions are good . . .

"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley Earl[/I]

2. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    I agree with Steve. In particular, I'd like to see how you adapted the TDR Another "Big T" build. IRS to the T and all those custom parts to the SBC.

Adding photos is easy, just follow the instructions.

3. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    I think that building one of those T buckets would be a blast. Good luck and you got to show us some pictures. Ken
    Old Sprinter

4. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Thanks for the encouragement guys!

The TDR Another "Big T" build. IRS is stock, it is the IFS that I had to modify. It really wasn't particularly difficult. A bit of frame modification, fit the control arm mounts, cut out the TDR Another "Big T" build. crossmember and add a nice polished aluminum tube for the crossmember. Just like magic you have a modern suspension to handle the power of a bad azz SBC in your T Bucket!

I'll post pics soon but first, off to the coast for a few days! (I'll have my laptop, LOL!)
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Very interesting...standing by for pics. If you need help loading them check with one of the members or moderators for help. If that doesn't work for ya email me or Dan and one way or another we'll get you through it.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com

6. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    The build is off for a while...kinda hard to even type with one hand. I was flying my kite while at the coast, a rougue wind came out of nowhere and yanked the control handle out of my right hand. Broken thumb and a sprained wrist. I knew the weather wasn't favorable...oh well, I saved the kite!
    USMC, Retired

7. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Good grief.....was the kite that big...or did a tornado go through?
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com

8. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    A triple tear 12' Delta in a high speed snap dive and a 45-50 mph gust = BIG FREAKIN OUCH!
    USMC, Retired

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Ow ! That can put a real damper on the building. I hope you have a fast heal.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)

10. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Learning to use Dremel Another "Big T" build. left handed...typing with same...still haven't got the cahonies to try shaving!-=';
    USMC, Retired

11. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Not doing to bad. Managed 1 rotor and the lower control arm mounts for an experimental IRS. Slow going, not sure if that is the injury or the pain meds but at least it is going somewhere!
    USMC, Retired

12. EstebanLoco's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    You're doing great Gunny. How about some pictures?

Steve
    [I]I'm just a soul whose intentions are good . . .

"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley Earl[/I]

13. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Pics soon, I want to record the build of my IRS. The center section is from the Big T, which I had to modify of course. The rest is scratch built Another "Big T" build. by me except for the springs on the coil over shocks, I bought real springs.

And Steve, please don't let me be misunderstood...I have had that dang song stuck in my head for nearly two weeks now!
    USMC, Retired

14. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    No building over the past couple of days, to much pain makes the hand unusable right now. I'll get back to it soon I hope, the poor thing is looking sad because it thinks I am ignoring it.
    USMC, Retired