Close

Builder Last Online: May 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-01-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Looks like there are lots of 1/4 scale stuff on the market. Why do a 1/6 build when you can do 1/4 scale? Lots of bodies to pick from, check out the pedal car bodies. Lenght is 58" width 23 and 17.5" tall. Just a thought. Think big !

David

http://cgi.ebay.com/1941-Willys-Coup...QQcmdZViewItem

http://stores.ebay.com/FIBERGLASS-PEDAL-CAR-BODIES
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    The willys looks cool... I was also eyeballin' the '57 Vette. I'd love to turn that one into a gasser.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    1/4 scale!! I gotta think about going that big.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You caught me David, I checked them out a while back and you're right....starting thinking about how cool a quarter scale pavement burner would be....my wife was mumbling something about if it showed up on the doorstep it would only be fair if she hired a maid to clean up after me......, women go figure.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    1/4 scale!! I gotta think about going that big.
    They also have a '58 Caddy in there Jeff.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Willys41's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett View Post
    You caught me David, I checked them out a while back and you're right....starting thinking about how cool a quarter scale pavement burner would be....my wife was mumbling something about if it showed up on the doorstep it would only be fair if she hired a maid to clean up after me......, women go figure.
    I have found sites that sell wheels and tires and there are 1/4 scale NASCAR type race car and tracks you can race them at, they are RC controled. I would guess you could power one of those 1/4 bodies with a hot Don this Willys is for you chainsaw motor and RC set-up. I wish I had the room to try and build one of these Bad Boy's.

Don this Willys is for you
    An Artist dips his brush into his soul before every stroke.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    I met this guy in Ca at the Pomona Car show. I was going to have him do our body molds but the move happened before we got anything settled.... Hes a great guy and has a bunch of different bodies. Just drop him a line for more details.

And I wish I had gotten a picture but last weekend at the Goodguys Rod show someone was driving one of these around converted to a barstool go-cart. Very cool!!!!!

There's an Impala a 59 and 49 Cadillac a 66 Mustang. Ive even seen a 66 Batmobile, 32, 34, 36, and 37 Ford roadsters, even a 50 Mercury and a few pickups but I don't remember the make and models of those. I think one was a Willy's. Don't know if the bodies all came from this guy but theres allot of cool 1/4 scale stuff out there if you know where to look.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I think I'd have to build that stuff in my garage. I don't know if I can fit that downstairs. I love that 58 Caddy.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Slow down a bit guys....I built an R/C (airplane) Ryan STA a few years back, 6 foot wing span with a 50cc chainsaw engine. Servos up the ying yang etc. and all the Futuba toys etc. Unless you are ready to dedicate a few years of your life to a build let's hold it at 1/12th to 1/6th. Cool toys for sure but that stuff is border line street legal. Heck you'd have to register, get tags and the hardest part of all....justify it to the little lady.l
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I'm still eyeballin' that '57 Vette.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    If it blows your skirt up.......do it!
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I'd never hear the end of it from you know who... She already got on my case about the 1/6 Willys.. She also didn't believe I paid less than 40 Sheckels for it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Can't help ya with that one buddy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Don't look at me. I'm in the same boat. Besides, I don't have enough bench space for 1/4 yet. Give me time, I'll find a way to get there.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15