Close

Builder Last Online: May 2012 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 09-19-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Good Afternoon. Does anyone have any suggestions for a source for some wider rear tires? I thought the AMT 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions T-bird kit came with some slicks, but the few I inquired about on E-bay only had the standard AMT 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions radials. I saw a set at Perry's Resin 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions , but I have heard stories of shipment taking up to 6 months. Any help is appreciated. Here's a progress shot so far. thanks....

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Since pretty much all of our work on the site is limited to 1/12 or bigger, a source for 1/16 may be difficult for most of us to find. The only source I can think of is the 1/16 dragster model driven by Beebe and Mullins (not sure about the Mullins part, could be Mulligan) That's the only source I know of for sure. Slicks and wider rear tires are much easier to find in the 1/12 or 1/8. That model looks like one of the new Minicraft kits.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    You might want to try a set of Goodyear hollow rubber slicks from a Revell 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions 1/16th Dragster or Funny car kit. You can always find those kits on ebay.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Have a look at the "Muscle Machine's" series cars.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. GMCMAN52's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    Minicraft also sold a hotrod roadster that has a flathead and rear slicks,,,or you can check ebay for the old 55-57 chevy sedans or nomads they came with slicks and crager mags
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Dyno Dave's Avatar Member
    Hey Double D, I'm in the process of finishing a master for resin 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions casting 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions pie crust drag slicks for 1/16 scale. I'm probably going to two width styles, one will fit the standard 1/16 drag wheels common in Revell 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions kits and the other will be skinnier for scratch built 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions wheels for earlier 60's style dragsters and rods. I'll keep you posted on progress. Should be ready in about 4 weeks.

Cheers, Dave

http://www.westnet.net.au/aim2012/
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. DoubleDRacing's Avatar Member
    Thanks for all of the help. At least I have a few options now. I just found out this morning there is a local contest with a fast approaching deadline. I'll keep you posted of the progress. My work won't come close to all of the amazing posts I have seen here, but I am having fun. Good day....

1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Hey Dave. Love what you did with the 1/24 scale "Bat Dragster" That is super kool.
    Last edited by Deuces-wild; 09-20-07 at 10:43 AM.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. mdlrk
    mdlrk's Avatar Guest
    The AC Cobra kit by AMT 1/16 Rear Tire Suggestions ...it has real nice tires/rims....link below takes you to one ending tonight.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ford-Shelby-Cobr...QQcmdZViewItem
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Not a bad deal at 6 bucks. I'd also use the kit 427 side oiler motor. SWEEEEET!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Dyno Dave's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuces-wild View Post
    Hey Dave. Love what you did with the 1/24 scale "Bat Dragster" That is super kool.
    Thanks, it was for a what if contest so I thought it would be cool for the Batmobile to have a real dragster to pull to the track.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11