Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2020 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 08-15-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Ok well finaly got around to getting these pictures together , this is a scale model of the real Deucarri roadster owned by my long time friend Ed Hegarty , the car was put together by Jack sternaman and is streatched in the cowle just like the real car, I did the wire wheels and they are exact to the real car
      72 spokes. Hope you enjoy the photos. Taked at this years Tether Car show in Fresno Ca last march.
      Chris ( Don Garrett , drop me an e-mail )

Crap sorry guys wrong pictures , that 3w is a car I built for Ed, here's the roadster. Chris

Build Photos

The real Deal in 1/8th scale-eds-32-1-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-eds-32-2-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-eds-32-3-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-eds-32-4-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-eds-32-7-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-eds-326-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari1-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari2-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari3-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari4-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari5-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari6-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari7-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari8-jpg  The real Deal in 1/8th scale-deucari9-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That is beautiful. The lines on that are extremely clean and extremely real looking. At first I didn't know that was a model.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Hey Chris.....good to see you back and WOW, what a cool build. Makes me want to keep my Sternaman car and build it right. I'll be in touch off site.

Rick
    Last edited by Rick; 08-15-07 at 07:04 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Chris
    Please E me off site at rick21142@shaw.ca. I've lost your E.
    Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. docwatson1938's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Name
    Doc.
    Thats a tether car?? Man Id be too scared to run it! That is beautiful!0)
    I used to fly R/C aircraft, last one I built was a 1/3 scale CAC Mk 13 Boomerang fighter, superdetailed. Flew it once and sold it, servers locked in flight, don't know why but I got control back before it meet the ground. Couldn't face seeing it crash, last I heard its hanging from the roof in a book shop!
    Proud to have served.

Wondering, WHY ME? since 1972.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Doc most of these guys here wouldnt know what a Boomerang Fighter is ?
    say did you get your hands on one of those just realised 1/32 scale Montex Boomerang Kits ?

I did and all I can say is wow !! emot32
    Last edited by ScaleMotorcars; 08-17-07 at 08:57 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    A Boomerang, yeah. A radial engine fighter with a 4 bladed prop and a big old tail. Had a razor back style cockpit. I would have hated to see a fully superdetailed R/C plane crash especially on it's maiden flight. I say if you make a fully superdetailed deuce radio controlled, you keep it away from the morons that love to roll them over all the time.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Not even close Jeff Thats a P47 Thunderbolt Your describing there ?The boomerang was our ( Australian) very own "panic fighter "designed And built Aircraft based on the CAC Wirraway which came from the North American NA16 family or later the Harvad To the Americans out there! See there is another side to me !! Sorry Guys I'm hyjacking this thread
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Oh as I sit in my shame! Still a 1/8 scale metal deuce would be an incredible build. To me, the biggest trick would be the stamping of the belt lines. How would I do that?
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. fuzzy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Ted aka Fuzzy
    HFC,you could do raised moldings like Mr Wingrove does . For some of the raised moldings he makes the body without them and then fabs the moldings seperatly and silversolders them on.Seems to be a little more work but should be more forgiving . If a mistake is made and the molding isn't quite right ,it can be removed without starting all over on a new body.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks fuzzy. I kind of thought it was done that way but I really wasn't sure. You answered that for me. :)'
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. docwatson1938's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Name
    Doc.
    No I havent seen one, where could I get one?? I have the old 1/32 scale vac form but its......... well, a vac form.
    Ol' Modelmaker had the best beatiled Boomerang you can get. Yup, a REAL one, Oh how I wish........
    Proud to have served.

QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Are you serious Doc? Modelmaker has his own real Boomerang? Wow, is that cool or what.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. docwatson1938's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Name
    Doc.
    Had a real one. Yes the man IS a god............
    Proud to have served.

QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Only had bits of one Doc but would like to have had at least 50% of a restored Airframe not to the point it will sit on it own wheels as such just a static restoration.
    It's just getting so hard to find parts now things are really drying up , bit of a put off really!

Mate if you want a Montex kit be prepared to part with a cool $220 Australian Dollars but give me an Email cause were Hijacking this thread again!! I'll put you onto the man in the Know.
    Last edited by modelmaker; 08-23-07 at 05:38 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15