Close

Builder Last Online: Jan 2011 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-10-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I am looking for a set of 1/8th steel wheels for a rat rod project I am starting.
      Thanks
      For any help
      Todd
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. MADD FABRICATOR's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Richard D. Zimmerman
    Todd, how soon do you need them ? The reason I ask, is that I'm in the process of making the molds for the steel wheels where you can set the amount of back space, or in other words, the amount of reversing that you want to have them from stock. They will be cast in resin 1/8th scale steel wheels in three pieces, the outer rim, center portion , and inner rim. If you so desire, I can send you a private email with photos so you know more of what I'm talking about.
    CHEERZZZZZ !!!!!!!! MADD FABRICATOR
    NEVER argue with an IDIOT, for he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience !!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. cedarsales's Avatar Member
    Name
    todd
    Madd, I found a set. I will keep you in mind on the next project. Thanks Todd

1/8th scale steel wheels
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    For me, a new model builder, finding the right tires and wheels is the hardest part. I'm working on my second attempt of an 1/8 scale supermodified from the 70s. This one is actually a car I owned and bought from the local track champion in the early 70s. They're asphalt cars so we all ran 20" wide slicks in the back and on the right front along with a 12" slick on the left front. The rims were 15' and the tires 26' tall. The rims were the 5 wide ones with the bolt pattern around the inner side of the wheel. I've got some RC car tires that are for carpet racing that look kinda OK but the sidewalls are too narrow to be real looking. So how could I get some tires that are 3 1/4" tall by 2 1/4 or2 1/2 wide with a 1 7/8" hole in the middle for the rims? The wheels too are a problem. If anyone knows a trick or a source please let me know. Thanks
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Contact Tim at TDR 1/8th scale steel wheels (Daytonatim). You can find them through this site. I think they might do custom orders. They can design them up in CAD and then print them out with a rapid prototype machine and have them shipped to you. They do very nice work. RP 1/8th scale steel wheels parts can be a little bit pricey, but if it's your only option, sometimes it's worth it.
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    Thanks strevo. I contacted Tim and he e-mailed me back saying he would normally do it but he's deeply involved with the 427 project and to check back in the spring. I'll, some how, make what I have work. Seems like that's what scratch building models is about, so I'm up for it.
    Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #6