Close

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 02-09-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I'll pull up some of the old photos from when I stated this body and post them here over the weekend.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Houskeeping first......Both cars are on this thread so whenever you want to post, go to the thread and click on the project you want to post.

I'll try to bring us up to date.

BODYWORK/CUSTOMIZING
    Don has the body and is massaging it.

FINAL PREP AND PAINT
    When Don has finished the bodywork, it will come to me and I'll prep it for paint.
    CHASSIS/SUSPENSION
    Garey has offered to do the chassis and IFS/IRS along with wheels and tires. Depending on how far Garey goes, I'm prepared to detail the chassis, paint and assemble it.

MOTOR/TRANS
    Jeff is building a motor and trans.

UPHOLSTERY
    Jeff will do the upholstery.

We've got a good start on this project guys. Thanks to those who have volunteered so far. We could still use help with things like bumpers, grill, appletons, lights, dash, etc etc.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Rick, What engine do you want me to put into the Chevy? Is there something already planned or do I surprise everyone?
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    So far we've been offered a SBC fuelie and a BBC. Personally, I'd like to see a well detailed FI motor with the old style Corvette valve covers sitting in a clean and well detailed engine bay.

What does everyone else think?
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I'm wondering if the Chevy engine would be a little too cliche. What about trying to shoehorn in a Caddy or an Olds Rocket. Is that too far off the track? Will it even fit in the frame? If you want a 327 with FI or a 409, I can do that too. They're not that commonly seen like the SBC or the BBC. So that I can start cutting blueprints, I'll need to know the exact engine you want. Thanks in advance.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    My vote would go for a BBC or 500 cu. in Caddy......if you want a real workout a dressed out V-10 Viper.

SMC Members '54 Chevy build
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Speak up guys, Don and Jeff have made some good points and Jeff is ready to get to work. That big inch Caddy has me cranked.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Tools are being sharpened as we speak.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I've seen pictures of a tri-power V-8 caddy motor somewhere. :confused: I'll see if I could find them again and post them.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    The big Caddy is real sleeper...there is a company now that specializes in speed equipment and parts for it. With a little tweaking it would hold it's own with most big blocks......besides those script Caddy valve covers would look fantastic in a lead sled and it would have enough to torque to launch the barge.

TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Hey Jeff.........I think the writings on the wall. Get to work.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I've read the wall and agree with its message. As long as the chassis and body makers can squeeze it in with a little engine grease, it's a go.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Jeff.........no worries big guy. I haven't done the firewall etc. yet for the Chevy, if it needs a set back or hammering for distributor or clearance for the radiator, no sweat. I'll leave you ample space, all I need from you is the overall size. Garey knows his way around the real deals and he will make the chassis steering etc. fit. When the body is roughed out I'll send it to Garey to size up the chassis and then it'll go to Rick for as far as he wants to take it......then to you for interior measurements, and then to......somebody needs to keep track of how many miles this car has on it when we are done.:D

So...do the engine your way we'll catch up, does the big Caddy work for you?
    Dare to be different.....I really was hoping you guys wouldn't decide on a belly button motor.l:

Lots of talk and planning...that's a good thing, but we need some pics to get some momentum going, give me a few and I'll post some old pics as a refresher to give everybody, new members and old a peek at where this is going.

TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    The big Caddy is on the workbench. When I have the initial dimensions, I'll put those out so you'll know what to do with the firewall. l:
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Don't forget to take some progress shots and make some tutorial notes for us.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15