Close

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-17-15 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I started making the recovery of Napoleon coach built for fischers body contest craftsman guild in 1932, is a very delicate piece and which is badly damaged, it is my interest to recover as it was in 1930, so I'll try to make the broken parts same as the origin. those are missing, I'll do them from the original plan I have. in the construction of my coaches I always like to start the wheels, is what I'm getting in the carriage of Napoleon, the wheels are already consolidated and sanded, ready to lead a coat of primer fischers body coache paint. here are some pictures of this work. José.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    fischers body coache
    Arestauração wheel has been slow because it is a very delicate task, given the state they were in. after consolidation, I gave the first primer fischers body coache layer, then back to be rectified and another layer or two of primer fischers body coache before painting. the rims are made of metal, as this is difficult to paint I chose to oxidize the hoops, with very good results giving the very old iron appearance.

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    fischers body coache
    Today I finished the restoration of the carriage wheels, as you can see, the rims were oxidized, they seem a more natural appearance of aging, the next steps will be the reconstruction of the axles, front and rear, which are broken, so I'll have to build new from the original plan, some pictures of the wheels.

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. GusSMHDV's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gus
    Beautiful work Jose. I think that your wish to refurbish this piece of history is fantastic. For those not familiar with the original contest that was the origin of the type coach that Jose is working on please have a look here http://www.jitterbuzz.com/fisher.html. this article also contains another coach from the same contest that was found in some trash and rescued. The history of the contest and why it was originated is a fascinating read all by itself.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Thank you for you coments.

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    fischers body coache
    After some hard work and time consuming, this is the state in which the reconstruction of the carriage of Napoleon is, the lower part is almost finished, a few more pitches and finishes and I'm starting to rebuild the most complex and difficult part the coche.aqui body will some progress photos.

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    fischers body coache
    After some time of hard work and complicated the restoration of the coach of Napoleon's over the bottom of the carriage, today finished pole, the next step will be the restoration of the carriage body, a big headache for this work to be restored , materials with nearly 90 years are very degraded and some missing, it will be an adventure to recover this coach that has a lot of history. about G.M..Well, after dominating the photo post, I decided to change the previous images, as they were very small and little perceptible about promenores they have, I hope it is bette
    fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-006-jpgfischers body coache-005-jpgfischers body coache-007-jpg

fischers body coache
    Last edited by josebrito; 05-31-15 at 01:48 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Try to use bigger pictures 3-500 KB
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Looking good but Egon is right, please try and upload larger pics.

Also moving this to the correct forum.
    Last edited by ScaleMotorcars; 05-21-15 at 03:45 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Egon Hi, thanks for watching, I copy photos from photobucket, some tips as I enlarge the photos? Thank you Jose.

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    You can upload photos directly in to your thread by click on +GO ADVANCE below here, upload photographs, add file, chouse file from your computer or camera and click upload, photo will show up in your folder, drag photo in to Attachments below, click done, file will show in text at uploaded photographs, click submit. finished. You done it before just use larger files.
    I can see your photos are only 160x120 pix,
    When you got it you can go back and upload the larger photos in your thread, edit thread, delete photos, upload new ones.
    Last edited by Egon; 05-22-15 at 07:09 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    fischers body coache
    pictures test

fischers body coache
    Attached Images Attached Images fischers body coache-006-jpg  fischers body coache-001-jpg  fischers body coache-004-jpg 
    Last edited by josebrito; 05-23-15 at 03:13 PM. Reason: test of pictures
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Ok. Egon, thanks for the tip, it worked, thank you for interest in seeing the progress of the recovery and restoration of the carriage of Napoleon, the history of this coach is directly linked to GM's automotive world in the 1930s.
    this will be a long and slow work, but very interesting for me recover this coach with nearly 90 years old. Thank Egon.

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Mush better now we can see what your building, looks great, 14kt real goldplate ?
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Nice work Jose. I've always wanted to build a coach, but I'll watch your work instead.
    Can't wait to see this finished, and I'm glad you've got the larger photos worked out.
    Bull dust, blowflies, & the outback. Heaven on earth!
    QUOTE QUOTE #15