Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-17-15 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I started making the recovery of Napoleon coach built for fischers body contest craftsman guild in 1932, is a very delicate piece and which is badly damaged, it is my interest to recover as it was in 1930, so I'll try to make the broken parts same as the origin. those are missing, I'll do them from the original plan I have. in the construction of my coaches I always like to start the wheels, is what I'm getting in the carriage of Napoleon, the wheels are already consolidated and sanded, ready to lead a coat of primer fischers body coache paint. here are some pictures of this work. José.

fischers body coache
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    For those who appreciate and enjoy this type of modeling, here are some pictures of the first coach I built some 20 years, this is a replica will scale 1/10 the coach of Maria Francisca of Savoy, this coach is French origin of the seventeenth century, and is on display at the national Coach Museum in Lisbon.
    fischers body coache-imagem-006-jpgfischers body coache-img_5819-jpgfischers body coache-imagem-002-jpgfischers body coache-017-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    After giving the first body painting layer while it dries, I'm moving on hangers, as you can see in the pictures of the four hangers only one had the whole ears, so I had to make a graft to put the eyelets missing the wood used for this purpose was boxwood, this wood is very tough and suitable for this type of work, then be sanded and then the hangers will be golden with dourada.aqui sheet are a few photos to see how I do this work restoration.
    fischers body coache-011-jpgfischers body coache-012-jpgfischers body coache-013-jpgfischers body coache-014-jpgfischers body coache-015-jpgfischers body coache-016-jpgfischers body coache-011-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    The hangers are completed and gold as well as the 2 center lids, however started to make footman's rail and brackets, they are almost ready too, the brackets are welded silver in 4 points. here are some photos done, I hope you enjoy seeing.
    fischers body coache-008-jpgfischers body coache-006-jpgfischers body coache-005-jpgfischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Here are some more pictures of my coaches collection that I built over the years.
    This is a coach apparatus, of French origin of the second half of the seventeenth century, this model is built will scale 1/10, and the original is on display at the National Coach Museum in Lisbon, this model took about two years to be completed, the inside is lined with red velvet, the roof is covered with natural leade, wood I used is beech, gold leaf fischers body coache was used for the gilding, the doors open and close the windows descend and ascend.
    fischers body coache-img_5810-jpgfischers body coache-img_5812-jpgfischers body coache-img_5815-jpgfischers body coache-img_5816-jpgfischers body coache-img_5818-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #35

5. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    After the hangers concluded, it is time to start with the paintings, the basic color is light blue, dark blue, and ivory to the inside, the inks used for painting are Tamya and Vallejo, the most suitable paints and I I like to use to paint with airbrush fischers body coache . after being finished painting it is time to start putting together the pieces inside the corpo.mais some paint pictures.

fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-005-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #36

6. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    For those who appreciate and enjoy seeing these works from my collection here are some photos of the crown of the carriage, this building is a replica of the original will scale 1/10 that is on display in the museum of coaches in Lisbon. this is a carriage séculoxlx of English origin, more precisely in 1824, was built in London to King Carlos penultimate king of Portugal, this carriage circled the last time, during the visit of Queen Elizabeth II of England to Portugal in 1954, this was my 5th coach building construction time about two years.

fischers body coache-018-jpgfischers body coache-017-jpgfischers body coache-img_5801-jpgfischers body coache-img_5800-jpgfischers body coache-023-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #37

7. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    The paint detail is quite amazing on your coaches! And for that reason, I am surprised to see you are spraying on this current restoration, but you certainly know what you are doing. Great work!
    QUOTE QUOTE #38

8. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Hi Larry, I'm very grateful to his remarks, and thank you for seeing my work. I agree with you about the paintings, but the coach that I am recovering and restoring, it is even painted in two colors on the outside and inside ivory, plans to build I'm following are original from 1930 and they send paint outside the body to light blue and dark blue, like I'm doing.
    At the moment I'm doing the initial door shield, it is made of several parts as you can see in the image.fischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #39

9. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Great work, where do you find the drawings.
    QUOTE QUOTE #40

10. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Egon Hi, thanks for coming, good to hear your comments. plans for the carriage of Napoleon, I say come from USA john thompson planes. and the big problem for my coaches that I have made, there are no plans for any lado.então I have to go to the museum to take hundreds of pictures of detail, many drawings and sketches measures to get to the coaches, this is the reason because they spend a lot of time to build, about 2 years. a hug Jose

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #41

11. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    This is my favorite coach, I built a few years atrás.ele is not very beautiful, but it is unique worldwide, of Spanish origin sixteenth century, this coach came from Spain to Portugal by road during the visit of King Philip ll in 1619, and stayed here and is on display at the National Coach Museum in Lisbon.
    Very rare régea car copy. this coach is the oldest car in the museum.
    This carriage can be considered archaic face ace features that coaches will come to the box opens with windows suspended by straps replacing the curtains. The exterior is coated with black leather preach drawing geometric motifs, the interior is lined with carved velvet on a yellow background. Under the seat cushions is a useful evacuation system in a vehicle intended for long trips.
    An ark to save travel utensils replaces the driver's seat.
    The structure of the front axle is still heavy and difficult to maneuver the coach was drawn by six horses.
    This model is built will scale 1/10 and took about two years to be built. some pictures for your enjoyment. José Brito.fischers body coache-img_5804-jpgfischers body coache-img_5805-jpgfischers body coache-img_5806-jpgfischers body coache-img_5808-jpgfischers body coache-img_5809-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #42

12. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Some more progress in the recovery of the coach.
    the construction of the roof moldings are made of beech wood, are then gilded with gold leaf fischers body coache . These moldings are made from the construction plan, these parts were missing or were never built inicialmente.mais some pictures of this work, to lack a layer of primer fischers body coache and after tune after are golden.fischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-005-jpgfischers body coache-006-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #43

13. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    As you can see in the images, the leather straps and leather spring hanger original straps are badly damaged, parched and broken, so I had to make all new, they are made in natural leather.
    Also already started to brown the eagles and columns of the corners, these are golden gold leaf fischers body coache , .this work goes through three stages, the first four columns are pickled sanded 2 layers of primer fischers body coache , sanded again and then gilded with gold leaf fischers body coache as You can be seen in the photos.

fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-006-jpgfischers body coache-012-jpgfischers body coache-009-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #44

14. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    More some progress in gilding of moldings and decorations coach of Napoleon, and the way this work is done.fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-001-jpgA few years ago, I went to a major shopping center and found this unusual vehicle to promote the sausage products, its origin is unknown, but it seems that was used in Germany and Austria in the last century, so I asked permission to taking measurements and photos, and built this magnificent piece will scale 1/10, all done in varnished oak, everything works like the original model, the brake is actionable from the crank, the suspension springs are pliable and lantern light and off. few pictures to be able to enjoy this rare vehicle, but very interesting.fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-011-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-012-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #45

15. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    No no, not yet ready, there is still a long time to be completed, only a load test to coordinate the springs and the suspension belts, it is very important this work, to balance the body with the undercarriage, this whole set is veryIt weighed about 5 kg and the control of very rigoroso.algumas hanging pictures to see progress.
    fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-005-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #46