Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-17-15 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I started making the recovery of Napoleon coach built for fischers body contest craftsman guild in 1932, is a very delicate piece and which is badly damaged, it is my interest to recover as it was in 1930, so I'll try to make the broken parts same as the origin. those are missing, I'll do them from the original plan I have. in the construction of my coaches I always like to start the wheels, is what I'm getting in the carriage of Napoleon, the wheels are already consolidated and sanded, ready to lead a coat of primer fischers body coache paint. here are some pictures of this work. Josť.

fischers body coache
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Dr Dave, thank you for your consideration and thank you for posting. I hope you will enjoy seeing some of my work in coaches, because this is my hobby and my passion, the big problem in this area is that there are no building plans for sale, I go in the museum of coaches in Lisbon and shot hundreds photos, measurements and designs to make the coaches all my works are made will scale 1/10 except the coach of napoleon scale 1/12. here are some more pictures of the progress of the restoration of the coach of Napoleon. Thank you Jose.
    fischers body coache-007-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    For those who like appreciate and admire this kind of modeling like me, here I send some pictures of my last job, before beginning to restore the carriage of Napoleon, this carriage is a replica will scale 1/10 the original is on display in the national Coach Museum in Lisbon, the construction took about two years, the doors open and close the windows go up and down the stairs are folding inside, the materials used were wood metal beech various thicknesses, the tissues were silk and velvet, paints used were Tamya acrylic fischers body coache paint the silver decorations were made in silver foil, the lamps are made of acrylic fischers body coache glass, this is just one of my many coaches built over several years, will soon show more some coaches who I think is interesting to show and disseminate this kind of modeling so passionate and so rare to see.

fischers body coache-024-jpgfischers body coache-025-jpgfischers body coache-026-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Very impressive work! I am curious - why do coaches and even more utilitarian horse drawn wagons have so much positive camber on the axles set as they do? Is it because when the coach is loaded up the axles flatten out more so they are set to act as a suspension system? Or do they handle better when pulled as in a minimal contact patch of the wheel rim?
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Hi Larry, thank you for your comment, it is very relevant because almost everyone notice this promenor the angle of the wheels, although it is higher in some other vehicles. this coupe carriage two places, is a light vehicle, and can be drawn by two horses, is also an apparatus of vehicle for large ceremonies that took place in the nineteenth century. the front wheels is 7 degrees and back 5, this inclination has among other purposes worth the effort lateraldas wheels in curves and improve vehicle stability and prevent collapse of the rays, the vehicle's weight is centered on the center of the cube the wheel.
    I hope I have given the answer to your Remark, more observations are welcome ok ?. Greetings Jose.

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    As you can see, after nearly 90 years the timber shrank, so I'll have to do a graft to fill this space, I tried to find the most similar wood possible, but in this situation it is almost impossible because join softwood to hardwood, It does not work well. however I will recover what is possible to do, what I do is not possible from the original plans I have, here are some pictures to see the progress of the restoration.fischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-005-jpgfischers body coache-001-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Here are some pictures as we make the coach seats, first I cut the wood in some extent, the wood used is alder and for the back seat used wooden cone, then do the recesses and holes to pass the ropes, for the French us, next time I'll show you how I padded seats and gives the fabric I use.fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-005-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    This was my first work in scale model horse drawn vehicle, about 30 years ago, is a 1/10 scale model, very suitable for beginners in this type of modeling, because it allows familiarization with all parts and materials inherent in these vehicles. all necessary parts to the construction's in the box, the wood is of good quality, as well as the rest of the materials.
    fischers body coache-019-jpgfischers body coache-036-jpg

fischers body coache
    Last edited by josebrito; 05-31-15 at 02:10 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    For those who like to see how the seats are done, here are some pictures, as I do them. after pasting the sponge buds, I used white wool to line seats, the velvet is only glued at the ends behind the seats, is passed into the grooves of a row seats to enhance the effect of the buds, the French we are made as see in the pictures, give a very nice effect on the upholstery of the seats.
    fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-006-jpgfischers body coache-008-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Great job on your restoration work!
    "In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is strength. In water there is bacteria."
    Ken

QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Hi Kenneth, thanks for looking, and comment, this is a slow and time-consuming work, now I finished the seats and backs, and i start to make the armrest, these were missing, I'll do them from the wood I use is beech, I like working with this wood, the magnificent qualities she has.fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpg

fischers body coache
    Last edited by josebrito; 06-16-15 at 03:35 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    More some progress in coach body reconstruction right now I'm doing the recesses of the windows and doors, this is a very interesting detail that gives emphasis to the whole coach, this forces to do, new frames into and out of the windows, as notIt is possible to use machines for this purpose, I use the xacto and several thicknesses of sandpaper.
    fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    For those who enjoy this type of transport vehicles, here are some photos of him that was my second job in modeling of horse transport vehicles, this is a carriage post office from the 18th century, in 1798 was the postal transport between Lisbon and Coimbra, about 230 km. for 40 hours.
    this model will scale 1/10 was done by me from measurements and photographs of the original model that is on display at the Museum of foundation of transport and communications in Lisbon. This carriage was pulled by four horses.

fischers body coache-034-jpgfischers body coache-035-jpgfischers body coache-img_5054-jpg

fischers body coache
    Attached Images Attached Images fischers body coache-004-jpg 
    Last edited by josebrito; 06-20-15 at 05:54 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Very nice seat upholstery Jose. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into this restoration. You are lucky that you have a museum to visit.
    I enjoy looking at your photos. Keep up the great work.
    Bull dust, blowflies, & the outback. Heaven on earth!
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Hi, Dr Dave, thanks for the nice compliment to my work, I am glad to know that you appreciate these constructions of coaches, briefly, I'll show here some of my more unusual works, I built over these 30 years, I have privilege to be able to go to the museum and take pictures many measures and sketches because plans of these coaches simply do not exist, a hug Joseph.

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #30

15. josebrito's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jose
    Please do not look at the disarray of my work bench, that's how I like to work, have all at hand tool, today gave the first primer fischers body coache coat in the coach body, for testing windows and doors, so I will know how many primary layers and ink I'll be able to paint in corpo.as I usually use is the vallejo for interior ivory, and light and dark blue blue tamya, still missing a few patches, but will slow and easy, here are some photos of the work progress.fischers body coache-001-jpgfischers body coache-002-jpgfischers body coache-004-jpgfischers body coache-003-jpgfischers body coache-005-jpg

fischers body coache
    QUOTE QUOTE #31