Close

1895 Hearse
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 160.00 USD (31%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

1895 Hearse 1895 Hearse 1895 Hearse 1895 Hearse 1895 Hearse
Accepted Payment Types

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1895 Hearse

Builder Last Online: Aug 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 2
      Started: 11-07-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I am starting on an 1895 hearse as a line extension for the horse drawn vehicles for Model Expo. Here is the CAD file so far and I will be starting in wood soon. Having moved from Ohio to California I am still trying to find certain items that were packed but have not been found so far. However, the weather here is much better than Ohio (no snow or leaves to rake).

1895 Hearse-black-hearse-ornamentation-sm-jpg

Ken

1895 Hearse
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. KURTVD19's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Kurt
    Ken:
    I remember you saying how the parts would be oriented earlier in the build. Thanks for the clarification.
    Kurt

QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. 5thwheel's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    William
    What is happening with the hearse? Any more forward progress?

Bill
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    I have been working on various drawings and cleaning parts prior to shipping them off to be cast. I am also waiting for laser cut parts, Model Expo has a new person who is slowly being brought up to speed so I am just waiting for things to happen. Here is a PDF image of the in progress perspective drawing.

1895 Hearse Perspective View.pdf

1895 Hearse
    "In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is strength. In water there is bacteria."
    Ken

QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Close to finishing up the perspective exploded parts view. I have not drawn a few of the non essental parts for clarity sake. These kind of drawings just take time and focus to draw. This will be a 34" wide x 22" high plan page in the kit along other more typical elevation views. I am really starting to get the hang of drawing 2D; once there is no pressing projects I may explore the 3D features of the program.

1895 Hearse-1895-hearse-perspective-view-jpg

1895 Hearse
    "In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is strength. In water there is bacteria."
    Ken

QUOTE QUOTE #35

5. KURTVD19's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Kurt
    Ken:
    The drawing is great. I like the exploded perspective views. They can clarify items that just are not seen well in the std 3 views of most plans.
    What program are you using? I think you might have mentioned it once before but I forgot.
    Kurt

QUOTE QUOTE #36

6. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Kurt,
    I am using CorelCAD. A cost effective alternative to AutoCAD. It has both 2D and 3D. I have not really tried the 3D since clients only need 2D.
    Goggle "CorelCAD Tutorials" and you can get a good feel for the program.

1895 Hearse
    Ken

QUOTE QUOTE #37

7. KURTVD19's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Kurt
    Ken:
    I will look at it. Have to do something in the way of CAD - just have to pick one within the budget and then sit down and learn it.
    Thanks,
    Kurt
    QUOTE QUOTE #38

8. KURTVD19's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Kurt
    Ken:
    I picked up Corel Draw Suite and Corel CAD. I have the need to import a scanned historic ship plan drawing and then convert it to a CAD drawing and a buddy who odes this said that Corel Draw is the best way to import a drawing and then to "trace" it in Corel Draw making a digital file that can be used in Corel CAD to make a final CAD drawing with all the changes and additional views.
    I will need to devote the time to learn both programs so I can do this and right now isn't the right time with the NRG stuff consuming most of my time - haven't been able to spend more than two hours over the last month on a model and I have 3 projects on hold now.
    My son went back to school so I was able to get both of these programs at the student rate - I could not have justified paying the full price.
    When I get around to using the CAD I will share a sample of my work with you.
    Take care,
    Kurt

QUOTE QUOTE #39

9. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Kurt,
    Yes I have heard of this technique before but have no experience in doing it. Let me know how it works out. The academic version price is great, however I think some of the features are turned off that are available in the professional version. I really enjoy doing the exploded views in perspective being able to move the vanishing point reference lines to keep everything correct.
    Sounds like you are busier than a one-armed paperhanger; just remember it is better to be busy than bored.

1895 Hearse
    Ken

QUOTE QUOTE #40

10. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Ready for a new project ? Duke of Wellingtons hearse, a monster, sides casted in bronze from old cannons.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1895 Hearse-wellingtons-funeral-carriage-700x500-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #41

11. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    The Hearse was finally completed after a two year hiatus of being on hold. Everything has been sent to M.E. for production. I have no idea of when it will be introduced, that is their call.They have also kept me busy doing ship kits as well. I am wanting to get back to building a car project and have one in mind but may take a while to do since other paying projects get in the way.

1895 Hearse-completed-hearse-04-jpg

1895 Hearse
    Attached Images Attached Images 1895 Hearse-completed-hearse-06-jpg 
    Ken

QUOTE QUOTE #42

12. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    We need you making cars, Ken...
    QUOTE QUOTE #43