Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Builder Last Online: Jun 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-10-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

This thread is being posted at Ken's (very kind) urging. It's being done ONLY to illustrate what happens when two builders use the same set of plans to build the same vehicle...or, at least, what CAN happen. Even with the plans and measurements in front of the builder there is great room for interpretation. This is not a bad thing and, in fact, is exactly what happened back in the 'good ol' days' with the builders of the original 1:1 Another Buckboard 's. They might be seperated by as little as the distance from one town to the next and still have significant differences between what 'should' be identical vehicles. As time goes by I'll attempt to attach a few photo's of things that are different between the two models...but only to illustrate how the same process was approached from two angles.

The first difference is that Ken built at 1:12...and mine is at 1:8. At 1:8 my 'little bitties" are WAYYYYY bigger than his...and much easier to handle. If I wanted to find a way to go completely crazy why I'd just build at 1:12

At 1:8 I was able to use street sweeper brush for the tyres as it's almost exactly in scale. It's actually spring steel but anneals quite nicely for soldering (or drilling). Another immediate marked difference is choice of materials as I used brass and American Black Walnut. This immediately took the model out of 'museum quality build'...but I rather like the look of brass and walnut together..so that's the way it got built

More to follow....sometime...............

Cheers - Gus

Another Buckboard-buckboarddone010-jpg

Another Buckboard
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. 5thwheel's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    William
    Gus,
    Great tutorial on the wheels. It has been almost year since your last posting. I want to see more of your HDV work. How about posting your spring wagon here? That was a very nice build.

Bill
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. Auréance's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gilles
    Y like it, so good! wonderful, fantastic.

English:To GusSMHDV
    I've seen you on another forum (I think) that the "http://forum.scalemodelhorsedrawnvehicle.co.uk" but you continue, you continue to publish photos like tiny postage stamps. Do not you see that everyone on "Scalemotorcars.com" endeavors to provide the best shots?
    Join the family of "flikr.com" you earn 1 free gigabyte to store your photos for free and you can put them in high resolution. nothing prevents you to optimize your images via free before storing on "Flikr" software. You will spend 5 or 6 million to 1/2 or 1 billion images.
    FREE!
    Then this forum "Scalemotorcars.com" we all can finally see your work in good conditions

__________________________________________________ _______________________

French : à GusSMHDV
    Je vous ai déjà vu sur un autre forum (je crois) celui du «http://forum.scalemodelhorsedrawnvehicle.co.uk» mais vous continuez, vous persistez à publier des photos minuscules comme des timbres postaux. Ne voyez vous pas que chacun sur «Scalemotorcars.com» s’applique à fournir les meilleurs clichés ?
    Rejoignez la grande famille de «flikr.com» vous gagnerez 1 giga-octet gratuit pour stocker vos photos gratuitement et vous pourrez ainsi les mettre en haute résolution. rien ne vous empêche de d’optimiser vos images via un logiciel gratuit avant de stocker sur «Flikr». Vous passerez de 5 ou 6 millions à 1/2 ou 1 milliard d’images.
    GRATUIT !
    Ensuite sur ce forum «Scalemotorcars.com» nous pourrons tous enfin voir votre travail en de bonnes conditions
    Last edited by Auréance; 02-22-14 at 04:00 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #33