Close

Thread: GSL update

1. htrdrnu's Avatar Active Member
    I just wanted to share with you some of the kind of work that is being done for this years event. I know that the scale of the model is not large scale but after looking at his work you will be amazed. Go to this link and follow all the way through.
    [U]http://public.fotki.com/Raul56Perez/jerrys-stuff/]Jerry's Stuff album | Raul56Perez | Fotki.com[/U]

Brian

Edited to add link and screenshot. Thanks Brian
    Jerry's Stuff album | Raul56Perez | Fotki.com
    Attached Images Attached Images GSL update-gsl-jpg 
    Last edited by ScaleMotorcars; 03-01-09 at 02:19 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Brian. Somehow the link is not coming through. I tried to fix it but no soap. Check out the address again. I'd definitely want to see what this guy's work looks like.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Tage's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Daniel
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Thanks for the heads up Brian.....I don't care what scale it is, that's incredible worksmanship. WOW!
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    If that's what he can do in small scale, can you imagine what he can do in large scale. That's first rate all the way.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. MojoDoctor's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks for the link!

I look forward to seeing more of Raul's work tomorrow at the NNL West show.
    [B]Matt[/B]
    Experience is what you get when you were experiencing something else!
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. htrdrnu's Avatar Active Member
    You should plan on coming to SLC to catch some of the seminars and watch how this type of modeling is done
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Hey Matt, if you talk to Raul, get him to introduce you to his friend Jerry who builds those unreal 1/25th scale brass frames and suspension. I've talked to them both and they are great folks. Give them my regards.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. MojoDoctor's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hey Matt, if you talk to Raul, get him to introduce you to his friend Jerry who builds those unreal 1/25th scale brass frames and suspension. I've talked to them both and they are great folks. Give them my regards.
    I talked with Jerry for a long time, then with Raul and sent along your regards.

Let me tell you guys that Jerry's work is amazing especially considering the scale. Holy Smokes!

His "El Matador" replica won the "People's Choice" award today and will most certainly win at the upcoming GSL. If it does not, then I'm moving to Russia for there is something wrong. He is the nicest guy in the world and immediately picked up all of his brass cars and showed them to me, including the 1/24 scale accurately hand built drum brakes. Words cannot describe the work that I witnessed today. Seriously!

I will have my photos on my Photobucket account as soon as I can, so please stay tuned.

Thanks Rick for suggesting that I introduce myself, as this has turned out to be a most outstanding afternoon. Almost 400 miles in my car is not fun, but it was well worth it!
    [B]Matt[/B]
    Experience is what you get when you were experiencing something else!
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Thanks for the update. I chatted with Raul via Email and then with Jerry on the phone. I agree with you, Gerry is one heck of a guy and most willing to share his experiences with anyone who cares to ask. He's a fine example of what our hobby is all about.

I'm looking forward to your photos.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I definitely have to see these photos. This is what it's all about.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Hey Matt.........are you going to post a like to your photos?
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. htrdrnu's Avatar Active Member
    Thirty Years Presenting Great Competition and Friendship!

Be at the Twenty-First GSL Championship to help us celebrate Thirty Years of great competition, friendship, craftsmanship and exceptional models:

- See Hundreds of Incredible Models, including past Best of Show winners!
    - Meet and learn from the best builders in the hobby
    - Visit the largest public collection of historical, model-related items under one roof
    - Experience open sharing of modeling techniques and skills
    - Renew friendships, and establish new ones
    - Compete with the best automotive model builders in the world
    - See, touch and buy the newest items from aftermarket suppliers
    - Attend technical seminars presented by some of the best builders in the hobby

We can't let thirty years of presenting the ultimate scale vehicle competition go by without a party, so here is just some of what you can expect:

Best of Show Display – many of the Best of Show models will be presented in a special display. You have undoubtedly seen photos of these models, but now you will be able to appreciate them close up! Remember, there have been twenty-one GSL Best of Show winners. Imagine what you’ll learn by seeing these great models in person, and talking to the modelers who built them! Bring your camera because you'll want to study these works of art long after you have returned home. But to make things even easier, we will send you home. And, to make this opportunity even better, we’ll send you home with a special complimentary GSL Best of Show commemorative booklet that will be distributed to everyone.

The new “Historical Vignette – 30 years of GSL” Video presentation will be shown. This video is still being put together, but we are watching hours of video from the collection of video tapes (some on professional Beta format!) shot since GSL V(!) and putting together what will be an incredible walk down GSL memory lane. You'll see Ed “Big Daddy” Roth, Budd Anderson, Mark Gustavson's beard before it went gray, Jim Keeler telling tales to a hotel room full of modelers, and much, much morel Better yet, a DVD of this special presentation will be given to each registered participant.

Incredible Seminars – Scheduled for GSL XXII are seminars from the best scale vehicle craftsmen anywhere. John Baczuk and Dick Engar and Len Woodruff, Greg Nichols and Jim Devine, Mark S. Gustavson, Randy Derr, and Mark D. Jones are all scheduled to present detailed sessions on a wide-range of model-building topics. In addition, the International Model Car Builders' Museum seminar will acquaint you with the great activities and programs of the Museum. Want more? The Town of Newburgh Model Car Club will present a seminar on how to present an NNL. And the Museum will present its seminar on Friday night with a major announcement on very significant recent donations to the Museum – very historical! Also, there will be contest-judging seminar on Thursday evening, along with an opening session Thursday morning!

With so many things going on at GSL it can seem almost impossible to make time to see all of the seminars, let alone try to remember all the great stuff presented. Luckily, the GSL Seminar DVD's from GSL XIX, XX and premiering at GSL XXII, the seminars from GSL XXI will all be available for purchase.

What would GSL be without the Trade Show and Swap Meet? See the latest offerings from many of the aftermarket suppliers, and maybe pick up a hard-to-find kit or two.

Tours of the International Model Car Builders’ Museum are scheduled and as usual, free transportation will be provided to and from this incredible collection of modeling history. New items are being received, so even if you attended a tour two years ago, we guarantee you will be amazed at the fresh displays and historic artifacts now on display at the Museum. Museum tour attendees will also receive a FREE copy of a Model Car Science or Car Model magazine on a CD. The availability of these great magazines in digital form is due to the hard work donated by supporters of the Museum and its Scan the Past program.

Buy a Piece of History – The Museum-benefit auction held on Saturday night often includes rare and desirable items. Occasionally, the Museum ends up with duplicates or one-of-a-kind items that have been donated specifically for auction. In years past, unique items manufactured under the direction of Augie Hiscano have been auctioned, as have some famous models including box art models. We won't know what all we'll have until the last minute, but we will be publishing a list of auction items which will be distributed prior to the auction. Don't miss this opportunity to acquire a piece of history – and of course, support the Museum in the process.

The Sunday Breakfast and Awards Presentation is almost a thing of legend at this point. Unique to this event, competitors, attendees and family members gather on Sunday morning to enjoy a Breakfast Buffet and to find out who is the best of the best, and to help honor the greatest builders in the world, it’s the perfect conclusion to three memorable days of great competition, camaraderie and celebration.

More Information. Please check out the link for the latest information.

We look forward to seeing you in Salt Lake City April 30 to May 3, 2009.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    WOW!!!!!!
    Now that's what I call a Show!
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #14