Close

1. Oscar's Avatar Member
    Name
    Paul
    Dear Members,

signed up yesterday and like to introduce myself. My name is Paul, coming from Germany and just seventeen years of age, but the failure of youth is getting better from day to day.

My modelling is focussed on 1/8th scale in classic cars and bikes. Got a quite large stock of models and other stuff inherited from my late uncle Michael, who
    used to be a member of this forum, aka known as 3.star to fellowmembers, years ago.

In spite of the whole bunch of 1/8 th models, I'm having models on the bench, that are totally different. Such as a six cylinder Porsche 911 engine in appr.
    1/3 scale by Franzis, which will be mocked up by Weber carbs, done in 3D printing and photoetched Another guy from Germany parts by German forum friends in a limited edition of ten.

For I am already not that familiar in high-class modelling, I'm as well trying to superdetail a die-cast Ferrari 250 GTO by Revell Another guy from Germany to my personal limitations.

I am now looking forward to a great time with all of you and promise to be helpful as a companion as well.

Cheers

Paul
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Welcome!

Very interested in a young manís views on model making

And would like to see your work, especially your Ferrari

-Don
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Oscar's Avatar Member
    Name
    Paul
    Well Don,
    it was kind of a virgin's birth. My father is really busy in his job, so there isn't so much time for Family and stuff. Uncle Michael, never having kids, took care of me and got me hooked in his hobby.

For the Revell Another guy from Germany 1/12th Ferrari I am busy collecting stuff. Got three of them right here, just to be on the safe side, when messing things up. Transkits by Massiomo Grassi, like mufflers, brake discs and etchparts are on board. Waiting for the 2nd generation of wire wheels by model factory hiro Another guy from Germany , ordered via HLJ to roll in.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Hi Poul, I was a little confused of your onkel Michael when Renate wrote on facebook that he was gone, not clearly, but now I'm sure that he left us, we was offen in contact.
    He was a exelent builder and you can find some lines in here from Michael, his F40 was very fine.
    I like to see what else Michael left you and you can always ask if you need guidens.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Oscar's Avatar Member
    Name
    Paul
    Thank you very much,Egon. I appreciate that.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Sorry to read that Michael left this world. If I'm remembering well, we had sometimes contact when I was doing my Continental Mark II.
    Welcome here!
    QUOTE QUOTE #6