Close

Thread: The Result!

1. Norfolkmodeller's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mike
    Hello All

Having retired last year, I was trawling the net for ideas to reignite my modelling interest which had last existed 43 years ago. I came across Scale Motorcars and found Dr Dave's 1/8 Pratt and Whitney Wasp build - Wow! Could I do something like that? Well let's have a go!
    After much thought and research, I bought a Williams Brothers 1/6 dummy engine as a build base and any extra detailing I would do. When I opened the box I realised how much I had to do. To shorten the story, I used the cylinders, crankcase and gear case. The supercharger, ignition harness, plugs, push rods prop and hub assembly, rear of the engine(which due to mounting problems I have not used) and cut away cylinder I had to scratch build The Result! .
    It is with thanks to Dr Dave I understood some of the problems with the Williams kits and his descriptions of how he tackled them helped enormously.
    The rest, I worked out myself.
    Going to have a bit of a rest before I look for my next inspiration!!
    Attached Images Attached Images The Result!-image-jpg  The Result!-image-jpg  The Result!-image-jpg  The Result!-image-jpg  The Result!-image-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #1