Close

New to forum
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

New to forum New to forum New to forum New to forum New to forum
Accepted Payment Types

Thread: New to forum

1. cbk57's Avatar Member
    Name
    Scott
    Hello All

I found this forum recently when I started researching building a Pocher Alfa. I have been building for about 43 years, I am 47. I have never really taken time away from the Hobby. There are times where I have done less and times where I have done more. I tend to build slowly and have gotten better at it over the years. Anyway after digging into Pocher and what I see on here I am not sure I want to build one yet. I have to think that over a bit more, it sounds like they are not so much models but lumps of misshapen plastic that determined builders turn into models.

Right now I am going to study others and try to learn from what some of you are doing. I plan to start a MFH Vincent Black Shadow in the next week or two. I felt that a more reasonable start on an advanced build at this point. If my start on it goes well then I will post a thread on it. I want to dig in and see how it goes though first.

I am currently doing a quickie build of one of my all time favorite cars, the Martini Porsche 935. I have the 1/20 scale kit which is less common but it has a little more detail than any other small kit does. There is the Tamiya New to forum big 1/12 kit I know. For this one I have the studio 27 New to forum PE which was very hard to find and a set of new Martini decals. My last effort at this one was abandoned when the ancient decals fell apart.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello Scott!!

Would like to see the MFH Vincent! -please do post your progress!
    And? yes folks who work with Pocher kits do need to be part plastic surgeon!

-Don
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2