Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti T35B

1. bikedan631's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dan
    Hi I have a Fontenelle Bugatti t35B and need any info. I can get to help me build this wonderful thing. Looking for pics. / info. to help with this build.A wonderful kit with lame instructions.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello Dan!

Wow! This is great! 2018 is looking to be a much better year than 2017! Have you tried contacting scaleautoworks.com? they offer a CD of pictures and I hope some instruction? The printed instructions supplied with the kit do look pretty thin, contrast to FHM kits which sit at the opposite end of the spectrum.
    I did not see a price for the CD, but its got to be your best hope. -The construction should be logical, but I am often disappointed when I have to depend on "Should be"!

Good Luck! and post your progress ! This looks very exciting! -Don

Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 01-03-18 at 06:01 PM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. bikedan631's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dan
    I am looking for references pics. for the t35b not pics of the kit. Looking for info. pics of front end of car, the gearbox,& the carb.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Try www.ultimatecarpage.com as a starting place for images of the real car. They’d be a good starting point.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello Dan, Try the Bugatti Trust, and the original,Bugatti Owners Club,(UK). The later often has parts for sale or trade and will post pictures of carbs., and gear- boxes. The trust has a store house of factory drawings.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Noel
    Dan, your best bet is to follow up Don's leads in his last post. The Bugatti Owners Club UK acquired all the original Bugatti spares and drawings etc when the old Bugatti factory closed. I would guess that the drawings are archived in the Bugatti Trust's Museum here in the UK. There are two books worth mentioning, Bugatti Le Pur Sang Des Automobiles that covers every one of the original factory cars, and Grand Prix Bugatti. Both books were edited by the late Hugh Conway, who is recognised as one of the foremost authorities on the Bugatti marque, and are probably the most informative Bugatti books available. The Trust may sell them or a!ternatively look on Amazon. Lots of tech info in each. Hope this helps.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    I tried "googeling" Bugatti parts for sale? -and found these pictures.

As far as searches go, this was not very satisfying, - I'm still trying to find out the dimensions of a Bugatti honey comb radiator cell?

I hope this helps! -Don
    Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 02-16-18 at 12:33 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. bikedan631's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dan
    Hi Thanks for the help. I have a copy of the Conway book it has 2 pics of gearbox. Both are overhead shots. I am looking to see the where the lever on the left back of the gear box goes to. The kit I have is for the T35B so the carb. is not he same is 35. I think it is a up draft carb. Thing is my carb.& other thing went missing when I sent the kit to a builder. All he did was play with it for 2 years then send it back. My mistake.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. bikedan631's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dan
    I think I found the link. Looks like it just goes to the rear end. There is no part for it in the kit.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. bikedan631's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dan
    thanks I think I can work with that.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Noel
    Dan, another thing that comes to mind that may help you. Look up books or on the web for technical illustrators cutaway drawings of the T35. I think there may be some mileage in looking some of these up. Even if you cannot see the specific bit of detail that you mentioned in your posts you may well find drawings like this helpful in further research for your model. When I built my T59 a few years back, I found a beautiful cutaway drawing in a very old copy of Motor Sport by Tony Matthews, one of the UK's finest exponents of the art that really helped me.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Noel
    Dan, what scale is the Fontenelle T35 kit? It looks magnificent! I would imagine it is quite an expensive kit.
    On another tack I was looking through a book of mine published by Haynes here in the UK. It is titled 'Inside 100 Cars' and is a book devoted to cutaway technical illustrations of cars. There is a very detailed T35 cutaway drawing within.
    Look forward with interest to seeing your Fontanelle kit build.
    Kind regards
    Noel
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. bikedan631's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dan
    Noel The kit is 1/8 scale. I paid 3200$ for it 10 years ago. I will post some pics soon.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. Obsessed's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Ron
    I have a fair amount of experience with these, two kits and a factory build. Any help I can offer I will try. Another invaluable resource is the Bugatti Page by Japp Horst. Search for the site and see if that helps. Lots of modelers and 1/1 Bugatti T35B owners on there. I can appreciate you being overwhelmed by the kit!
    QUOTE QUOTE #15