Close

Thread: An update.

1. Shrug's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Tony
    Well since this is the only place I actively post. I thought I would give an update on me.

I had an appointment with my GI doctor today, and my liver disease is progressing much slower than they thought. I have to start a new medication which is going to make me always drowsy, so still no work for me.

My wife surprised me when we got home with a 68 Impala Resin An update. body, and a 67 Impala kit to go with it.

Now I just need some random supplies and I will be able to start on it. The 68 Impala was my very first car. I have a good wife :)

I used my weekly $10.00 of spending cash to pick up the Dec. 2010 issue of SAE because the have a great article on concrete and asphalt.

I also picked up a big piece of foam board for a buck (you know like for school projects). It is great for building models on. I can work on a TV tray and then just move the whole board aside when I am done for the day.

My buddy also mailed me a Speed Racer kit he never built. Not really my style, but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway that is what is happening today.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's good news from your GI doc. I suffer from some drowsies too so I know what that can be like. It looks like I'm going to have to find the latest SA too. I could use a little help with the concrete and asphalt. I hope you get to check out the Gerald Wingrove site from the other thread. he's one of the reasons I'm in modelling. The good thing is he really shows a lot of technique.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    I talked to Gerald about a week ago. He now devoted a part of his website to modellers that got inspired by his books. There is a showcase on his website (4 projects at the moment) for these modellers.

Send him pictures of your builds, and he will include them.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Herman, that's fantastic news. I'm one of those inspired builders. It's just taken a long road.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. BrassBuilder's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman View Post
    I talked to Gerald about a week ago. He now devoted a part of his website to modellers that got inspired by his books. There is a showcase on his website (4 projects at the moment) for these modellers.

Send him pictures of your builds, and he will include them.
    REALLY???
    He is definately the guy that got me going. My first model was of a M146 military 1/4 ton trailer. I made it all out of copper and brass.

I will have to take a look at his site again. It's been awhile since I stopped in anyway.

Wow. A possibility of my model on his site....

Mike
    My website:
    http://www.firesteelhobbies.com/index.html

Feel free to look around. I have all of my projects on the website.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Brizio's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Brizio
    Great news! Hope to see some WIP An update. of the Impala!
    QUOTE QUOTE #6