Close

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19
  1. MLB's Avatar Member
    Name
    Marshall
    Quote Originally Posted by MODEL A MODEL View Post
    -now to finish out the B & W era for Sr. Sans,

This image was found at the CMA website, created by Marshall Buck. Mr. Buck in addition to writing about these men and other fine model makers, is one himself! He made a really superb Ferrari, the "Rossellini" 375MM, for which he offers a small book describing his process .

And in the works a model (kit of sorts), of Lance Reventlow's Scarrab!, and another favorite of mine, the Delage D-8-120-S Aerodynamic Coupe, of 1937.

Mr. Buck is a builder, appraiser, and broker. -I met him a few years back, I asked him a thousand questions, and no one knows more about classic fine model cars!

His website:

www.cmamodels.com
    Thank you very much for your kind words! I appreciate it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #271

2. MLB's Avatar Member
    Name
    Marshall
    Quote Originally Posted by MODEL A MODEL View Post

My photos. The first photo is one I took of Olive sitting in my clients Aston Martin DBR2 just after he delivered the model to us in Connecticut. The last photo shows the underside of the first DBR2 model Olive made, along with the Ferrari 500 TRC (owned by same client). The photo with the 3 people was taken the day of delivery to Victor Gauntlett, Chairman of Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. (on the left), I'm standing next to him (right), and Olive showing how the model gets taken apart. I'm now very fortunate to own the model of DBR2/2 shown in the 3 center photos, which is the late, ex-Victor Gauntlett - Olive built - Aston Martin DBR2/2. Aston Martin built just two of the real cars, and there are various differences between each. We commissioned Olive to make one of each model; both for their respective owners at the time. The first model of DBR2/1 is still in the collection of the original collector that the model was made for.
    QUOTE QUOTE #272

3. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Mr. Buck! I didnít recognize you sans beard!

You could certainly add much to this thread!

You probably do not remember me from four or five years ago, but we did meet st the Mobilia, I was there only the day, on a wim, to drive up and back from Long Beach, CA. But you did answer my many questions.

I forgot to ask you about Alastair Brookman, and Henri Baigent?

Have you any knowledge of Don Oreck?

Nice to meet again! How is the Scarrab project going?

-Don
    QUOTE QUOTE #273

4. MLB's Avatar Member
    Name
    Marshall
    Don, it's good to join in here. Very nice to meet you again too. Ah yes, that photo is from long ago - pre-beard! I'm happy to answer whatever I can. Alistair Brookman... I worked with him, and have sold several of his models. I was also the one responsible for his moving up to 1:12th from 1:15th, and also for his making the series if the Ferrari 156 Dino F-1 models. as for Henri Baigent, I've never senn any of his work in person, but would love to. I've corresponded in the past with his son, but have lost touch. I've known of his models for many years. I know only a little of Don Oreck - just what I've read in the same magazines that have been posted in this thread.

My Scarab project is coming along, but slow; on hold until I complete a one-off scratch built PAST MASTERS and PIONEERS Bentley Speed Six, 1930 Le Mans team car I've been commissioned to build.
    QUOTE QUOTE #274