Close

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
  1. YHOR's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jorge
    Por otro lado, el Sr. Peré Tarrago, que se dedica principalmente a construir motocicletas a escala (con un nivel de detalle impresionante), tiene un amigo, el Sr. Jordi Reixach Rodríguez, que también vive en Barcelona. Tienen que ver su trabajo.

https://www.facebook.com/jordi.reixachrodriguez

construye sus modelos a pedido, generalmente a escala 1/6, pero vi modelos de Bus que creo que son escala 1/10. Es muy detallado, es una escala grande. Puede hacer que los asientos se reclinen, pero con el sistema original, las puertas se abren de su manija o pestillo, asientos de cuero, relojes muy similares y un sinfín de cosas que dejan la boca abierta. Por supuesto, cuando me guían por sus fotos, veo que no funciona mucho con respecto a los motores, leí que esto se debía a la solicitud de sus clientes.
    QUOTE QUOTE #256

2. YHOR's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jorge
    And recently I came across an English sculptor who is also dedicated to modeling cars and race bikes. His name is Glen English:

https://www.facebook.com/Glen-English-Racing-models-sculptures-138067532926124/

http://www.glenenglishmodels.co.uk/ajs_7r.htmlIt

has some motorcycles that are WOW, I have seen an AJS 7R, an Mv Agusta 500, a Matchless and a Norton Manx. All at 1/4 scale, but he is a true genius.Very difficult to contact through Facebook or mail. I've been writing to him because I saw on his website that he had a Norton Manx engine for sale in the form of a kit, I intend to buy it, but he does not answer me.

Sorry that I can not upload photos, I would like to, but in the forums that I participated, I only used IMAGEBAM, I do not know if I can use that host in this forum.

Last edited by YHOR; 01-11-19 at 07:50 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #257

3. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello Jorge,

I absolutely agree with you 100% regarding Sr. Pere Tarrago, and I did know of Mr. English and his family of craftsmen. But, I had not gone far enough. So, thank you! for giving me the nudge to look again, and because of that I found this great video!

As an aside, I must mention Adam Savage, who is doing the interviewing, and himself is a professional model maker, following the same path that I had taken, getting into the film industry late, toy prototypes, display models, . . .

I recommend looking into Adam Savages videos!

Now for something that I think we will all like. - an interview of a modeler, in his work shed, conducted by a modeler!

Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 01-12-19 at 03:43 AM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #258

4. YHOR's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jorge
    Dear Don.Do you have contact with Mr. English ?.I've been trying for months to get in touch with him to see if he still has the Norton Manx Engine Kit in stock. I would like to have a copy.Obviously I would like a complete model, but for now it's beyond my budget.

On the other hand, I did not know that Adam Savage was a modeler or a builder; as a child he always watched his MythBusters programs
    QUOTE QUOTE #259

5. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hola Jorge,

No, I have not tried to contact him, but I believe you could try his email, it is listed in his contacts.

www.glenenglishmodels.co.uk/models.html

PAST MASTERS and PIONEERS-glen-alfa-jpg

He may not be responding to facebook
    Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 01-14-19 at 05:21 PM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #260