Close

1. TRUCKS's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    Hi Everyone ! Greetings to all !
    I was searching on Google looking for info on this MONSTER SIZED old 72 T/A model Ive had since (Im guessing) 1990 ? Give or take a couple of yrs. Anyway a long time.
    When I came across this community. I thought if anyone knew anything about it. I,ll bet it would be you guys at Scale Motorcars.
    I found the model many years ago at a flea market already put together. Its blue with the white stripe. Has honeycomb wheels. (I know, I need pics. I just dont have it at my current location) I went into an old time hobby shop back in the day to have the older gentleman there take a look at it. I remember him being somewhat stunned when I walked in with it. He just dropped everything he was doing and said something to the regards of manufacture, I believe. (too long ago, I dont recall) His next statement was " do you know how rare that model is? ) I had no idea and still dont to this day. Ive been going through my lifetime of collecting A-Z and re-ran across it the other day after decades of being stashed away. I think its Im guessing 18-20 inches long and a glue together type. Well, its a 2 hander when you pick it up. That I know for sure. Im a model novice so excuse me if my model lingo is a little south. I remember, that shop owner was pretty excited to see it. Does this model ring a bell with anyone way more informed than I ?
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. oter11's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    stian
    this one?:

from my own "Collection"
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. TRUCKS's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    Greetings Oter 11, I have family ties from Strommen.
    Your model appears to be a 1971 Trans Am because of the small square grille mesh and the high back seats. Those grilles were unique to 70-71 with 70 having the low backs with headrests. My model definitely has the 72 honeycomb grilles and I do not believe it to be motorized. Im leaning towards the 1/12 scale though after seeing yours. I will get out and take photos shortly. I also have a NIKKO BRAND motorized 73 model or toy (large square grille mesh) here about 18 in length x 7 1/2 in width. thank you for your response.
    Last edited by TRUCKS; 07-06-16 at 03:55 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. TRUCKS's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    Photos added. No brand markings of any kind. 1972 trans am  monster model-img_1578-jpg1972 trans am  monster model-img_1563-jpg1972 trans am  monster model-img_1572-jpgBase Floor screwed in. Components glued in and together. Front wheels turn but not connected to steering wheel. 15 3/4 (40 cm) inch length x 6 1/4 inch width and 4 1/4 inch roof height. Is this what is considered 1/12 th scale then? Ive had a lot of scale cars but always collected as a novice. Vintage 55-66 GM trucks are my line of education. I just noticed, it does have the odd extra top front side marker light that the Oter 11 model has. Also the Pontiac grille emblem. Looks like this, may well be a closely related NON MOTORIZED 1972 version of his ? What do you think Oter 11 ? Anyone ? Any info ? I know nothing about this model.
    Last edited by TRUCKS; 07-08-16 at 02:52 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. oter11's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    stian
    i dont know if all of these was motorized,i have seen at least 3 different Version of the Box,mabye one of them is not made for Electric engine,mine is about 40cm long.
    have Yours metal rims?mine have
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. TRUCKS's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    I made a mistake. Mine is also 40 cm. It is the same body and appears to be the same manufacturer having the odd side lights and unique PONTIAC grille emblem. My rims are 2 piece plastic with separate brake rotors. Here is a real ... 1971
    Attached Images Attached Images 1972 trans am  monster model-img_0087-jpg 
    Last edited by TRUCKS; 07-08-16 at 03:29 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6