Close

1. Solyrus's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rajen
    Hi everyone,
    i have just received my much awaited Heller 1/8 Citroen kit but sadly the manual is in French. Given how complex this model is I know i wont be able to get very far with the french version. Does anyone have an English version they can make available to me? It could be a scanned copy though as its a large sheet manual I would appreciate a hard copy if anyone has one to spare - I will happily pay the postage and for the manual if required.

Thanks in advance.
    Rajen
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    EASY TURBO! Look in the back of the manual that you have, the translation is there. Is what I did was photo coppy the pages of translation and I go back and forth between pictoral and text explainations. It is not easy but nothing with this kit is...[B]IT IS[/B] however well worth the effort! Please start a new thread on your build, it would be awesome to see four of these going together simultaneously on the same forum. We need to vote for each other and see if we can get at least one of them into the running for MODEL OF THE MONTH!

[B]TAKE YOUR TIME, HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK!!!![/B]
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. RonOC's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ron
    If you have not done so, read the thread started byDominiqueBeerts. There is a link to the manual he kindly posted on this site.

Also a ton of valuable information on building this kit.

RonO
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Solyrus's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rajen
    Thanks David, found it! Silly of me not to check the last few pages. Will certainly photocopy and use as you recommend. Not sure about starting anytime soon as three other models need finishing. And judging by the complexity of this model I certainly need to be totally devoted to this build! I am following you build keenly though, as i did Dominique on his build. Quite a feat! And not without a myriad of challenges - but then again, thats why we do it, isnt it .

WANTED: Heller 1/8 Citroen 15/6 Assembly Manual
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    That is indeed precisely why we do what we do. If it weren't challenging waht fun would it be. I have a 1:6 flathead hotrod engine thatr I am developing right now but as soon as it is done it is back to the Citroen exclusively. What are you thinking as far as colors and such? Going for showroom stock, outrageous custom or somewhere in between? Or have you even gotten that far. I know it took me a month or better of just thinking and research to even get started.
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Solyrus's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rajen
    Despite the build being some time away, the colour has already been chosen! I decided ages ago while looking for the kit that I wanted it in French Blue, I reckon it will look glorious in that colour. I plan to do the interior in real leather - tobacco or beige. I did a custom leather interior for my Pocher Mercedes classic roadster and was quite pleased with that effort so aim to go for it again. I have not decided on a freshly painted or weathered look for the engine, suspension and underside - still mulling over the options.

What colour did you decide for the exterior?

WANTED: Heller 1/8 Citroen 15/6 Assembly Manual
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. PaulW's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Paul
    Just finished one of these; see my posts; I too was going to paint it in blue, and grey or silver; two tone; but when it came to it decided to go with the black as unlike with a pocher, you cant fit, then paint then fit again, and the boundaries between colours especially inside to out, would be extremely difficult. If you can pull it off I'll be fascinated to see how you do it.
    Have fun.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7