Close

1. Dougritt's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Douglas
    Hey guys-

I am spraying copious amounts of clear laquer on my brass Alfa Monza and am looking for some techniques.

When I build electric guitars (www.flatearthguitars.com), I spray laquer, let it cure Techniques for polishing clear laquer? for two weeks, wet sand Techniques for polishing clear laquer? to 1200 grit, then buff with a car buffer and maguires auto polish.

What is the technique for polishing up laquer on a 1/8 scale car?

HELP!
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    I would say the same way, wetsand and buf.
    Perhaps you need some special laquer for metal and a airbrush Techniques for polishing clear laquer? a fine coat.
    Last edited by Egon; 01-24-13 at 05:48 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    On copper jewellery I use Tamiya Techniques for polishing clear laquer? laquer, decant it and spray a thin coat through an airbrush Techniques for polishing clear laquer? . That provides enough gloss.
    On a guitar I guess you need a thick protective coating - all you need on the Alfa is a sealant coat to prevent oxidation.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    You already hit the nail, Doug. It's about the same thing.
    Cheers
    Michael
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. marhal's Avatar Member
    Name
    Marcelo
    I used a kit of sanding Techniques for polishing clear laquer? pads from 1500 to 12000, wetsand through all the range, and finally use a polishing compound like the Novus Techniques for polishing clear laquer? 1,2,3 polish system.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Death Proof Nova Model's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jim
    What I do is wet sand Techniques for polishing clear laquer? with 1200 to dull and level the finish and I use Mother's Carnauba cleaner wax applied on my finger (I've read that the oils in your finger help with the polishing and it works for me). You have to have a good amount of finish applied so you don't burn through and it is somewhat time consuming. I buff the dried wax off with a very soft t-shirt strip. It does make for a nice shine.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6