Close

Thread: Metal kit

1. zoombie's Avatar Active Member
    I'm looking for a large scale metal kit, does anyone knows of one, think pocher with metal parts.
    On this topic, how come manufacturer don't make kit out of metal? It would so much better.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. RC-Archer's Avatar Established Member
    The Prestige series of Pocher kits have metal bodies. This includes the Ferrari Tessarossa, F40 and Porches.

As for your last question, are you willing to pay for an all metal Pocher style kit? We're talking $1.5k plus.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Theres Fine Art Replicas but as RC mentioned they start at 1 or 2 grand and go all the way to something like $25.000. The cheapest large scale all metal bodied cars are the Pocher exotics.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Hi ZOOMBIE,
    Art Collection Auto did sell a 1/8 scale Bugatti Type 35, ( you can see one I built in my gallery), however the kit was about $3,300.00 Australian dollars. A significant amount of these kits were sold in the United States and there may be some for sale.
    Cheers
    John
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. zoombie's Avatar Active Member
    Archer - Did not knows that those pocher kit have metal bodies but i prefer classic car.
    Scale - fine art replicas makes built model, don't they?
    John - Forgot about that company, I did think about buying that kit but the model looks a bit simplify compares to the CMC model.

Metal kit
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. zoombie's Avatar Active Member
    John - Just have a look at your gallery, is the Fiat 806 by Protar? I was looking for that kit all night but couldn't find it because I thought the car's a Ferrari rather than Fiat. Now I know what to search for :)

Metal kit
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. zoombie's Avatar Active Member
    Just thought of an awesome kit, the Bauer Bugatti would be an awesome kit to build but its not a kit :(

Metal kit
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Hi ZOOMBIE,
    yes the FIAT is by Protar and is 1/12th scale. They come up on Ebay from time to time. The one in my gallery has hand laced wheels. The ACA kit does indeed need a lot of detailing but is an excellent base to start from and requires a high skill level with metal. The instructions are very, very basic and in French.
    Cheers
    John
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    John - Just have a look at your gallery, is the Fiat 806 by Protar? I was looking for that kit all night but couldn't find it because I thought the car's a Ferrari rather than Fiat. Now I know what to search for :)
    Not all red cars are Ferraris... Ferrari started after WW2. The Fiat 806 is from the 20's. A 20 year gap...
    Oh, I am very interested in any reference picture on the Fiat 806. There is only very, very little to find.

There is also the Fiat Mefistofele in 1:12. Quite a large car, and also by Protar.

By the way: The Fine Art Models (Bugatti) are all Art Collection Auto models.

As for Bauer: You could buy the chassis, and scratch build Metal kit your own Royale? The Weinberger is a nice one for that, and drawings are available. (Wingrove)
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. zoombie's Avatar Active Member
    Herman,
    I saw a Bauer Bugatti chassis only version, but its not release, there are also two new body colors that was suppose to be released in July but have not made it to the shelf. Is Bauer in trouble?

Metal kit
    QUOTE QUOTE #10