Close

Thread: ' Cuda

1. fuzzy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Ted aka Fuzzy
    Haven't posted in a while and got the reminder of that fact. Here goes, Where's the "Cuda body we investors have been waiting for. Close to 1 1/2 years and nothing to show for it. Sorry , you asked.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Uh oh. Good thing I don't have anything to do with that. Check with Don on that one, fuzzy. I think he may have the answer.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Gang, I'm not going to make a bunch of excuses other than to say this car has been a hassle from the get go.
    I just finished up my 3rd mold.....looks like this one is a winner.
    The first wouldn't cure ' Cuda properly, I cracked the second separating it from a clip.

Over the last 6-8 months I've been in and out of VA. They had some concerns about cancer....having been in areas where A.O. was used in Nam there's always that possibility. Anyway everything has been negative so far. I have to go in for a colonoscopy the beginning of next month, if that turns out to be negative I'll have a big grin on my mug.

To get back to when...here's the deal. I'm going to start laying up the one piece shells as soon as that test is over.
    I'll post some pics when the first one is pulled.

I can only lay up one at a time and had originally planned to lay up a number of them and send them all out at once. Rather than make you wait longer and to keep it fair, I'm going to put the names that I have in a hat and draw a name as each is pulled from the mold.....ship it and move on to the next.

On another note, you guys will be getting a bargain. This is a large body and requires a fair amount of material and time to lay up. Honestly, if I produce any for retail sale they will reflect those costs.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Don. I'm really glad to hear your tests have been negative so far. The only problem with the colonoscopy is the stuff you have to drink to clean you out. The rest is a breeze. I just had mine done last year and the only thing they found was a watch I lost a couple of years ago. I always wondered where that thing went.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Thanks for the heads up Jeff....I'll have to tell them to save whatever they find, who knows...they may find some of those parts that once dropped can't be found.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Looking forward to it Don. Glad to hear you're doing ok. Post up some pics of the mold if you can. I'd love to see what a fiberglass multi-piece mold for a body this big looks like.
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #6