Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Life is Great!

1. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    My son and his wife last week spent 4 days on the French Riviera to celebrate his 30th birthday. He also concluded a two month internship with a company in London where he is attending the London Business School for his MBA which he gets in July 2010. At the end of his internship the company offered him a full time position which he accepted and will start in May; even though he graduates at the end of July. He will be in New York city eventually. So they had a great deal to celebrate.

Well as part of his gift his wife Jamie rented him this Ferrari to drive around Monaco; life is really, really good! It is a real blessing for parents to see their children doing well and enjoying life.

Do you think he likes it?

Jamie is taking the pictures!

Ken
    Last edited by xken; 09-17-09 at 01:29 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Good on ya Ken. Raised a bunch of them also....now there's a truck load of grandbabies.
    Like you....I couldn't be prouder of what they have done with their lives.
    I don't really think there's such a thing as a bad kid to start with, just bad parents.
    From the looks of things you have every reason to grin with pride.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Congrats Ken. You done good, bud. I hope he enjoyed that Ferrari ride. It looks like he's having a blast.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    He said it was absolutely awesome. He said he only got it to 120mph on a stretch of the track ( Manaco Grand Prix) in town before he had to back off for a turn. The rental person told him that was the closest and safest place in town to get a little frisky with it, all the locals exercise their cars there and he told him to watch for the turn.

He has been through the Porsche Driving school and when younger use to do the Gemkandes (sp) obstacle courses on a track in Knoxville when he was in the Porsche club.

Just wish I had been with him.

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Only 120??? That would be more than enough for me. In 2005 after I had my PT Cruiser modified, I decided to test it out on a long staight road in Arkansas. Previously, I had gotten a Pontiac Bonneville up to 108 but this PT got up to 120 and was about to go higher. I think what slowed me down was the need for a clean pair of shorts and a Valium. Apparently, the steering gets really sensitive when you're going 120 and things tend to slide around the car.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    I used to have an old police package Crown Vic that I took up to 125. With a car that big, going 125 was a little scary. The steering felt good, but disconnected. It was kind of like driving on a cloud. It was nice and comfortable, but not how I really want to feel when I'm going that fast.
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Good job Ken, your son looks very happy

I ran C&D's One Lap of America back in '96 (got a ride in a factory-sponsored Mercedes) and hit 140 a couple of times, also did 200 miles in 2 hours.

140 in the Benz felt a lot slower than 120 in an Olds.
    This don't look like no expressway to me! - Jake Blues
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I don't dare go passed 70 mph in my neck of the woods... The boys in blue just love my car.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    You guys are a bunch of dare-devils.

I have driven many European cars, like the Volkswagen Golf (Rabbit) and Ford Mondeo. At speeds in the 120 mph range.

My father has a Dodge Nitro. Man, what a car. At speeds above 85 mph, you need 2 lanes to keep the car on the road. An I am not joking. Also the Chysler Voyager he had before the Dodge, was scary at high speed to say at the least.

On the other hand, a BMW 5 series still feels rock-solid at 150 mph. (at which speed it is limited).
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuces-wild View Post
    I don't dare go passed 70 mph in my neck of the woods... The boys in blue just love my car.
    Same problem in my neighborhood. Smokey is all over the place and he's not afraid of a good chase.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You guys are crackin' me up. I've had my share of run-ins with the man.
    If you guys are busting the century mark on posted public hi-ways......shame on you.

Okay, did my responsible grown-up speech.

How many of you guys qualify for the over 150-200 mph club?
    I think we've hi-jacked a thread again?
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I was sailing along at a 140 once. What a rush that was.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Well, I'm qualified as a member of the club, too. But that isn't a big deal regarding the fact, that we've got our Autobahn over here, which makes flooring the pedal or twisting the wire an almost legal game.

Beep, Beep!!

Michael
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Several occasions in a real AC Cobra(140mph) driven by Fred Baker who beat Paul Neuman in the 1970 Road Atlanta driving a 1965 XKE and beat Team Datsun out of their 10th win in a row at Road Atlanta. Paul was their celebrity driver for what was suppose to be the 10th win.

Numerous occasions in Europe on Autobahns and Autostrasses.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Never made it over 125 myself, but I hope to one day have the right vehicle and a safe place to get well up onto the 150-200 range.
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #15