Close

1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    I usually go to the races 'cause I live within driving distance of the Speedway. The economy being what it is I decided to make a flying trip up to S.C. this year to purchase some "real" fireworks....just in case. Glad I did, the last 500 was cut short due to rain. A number of sponsors have pulled out...looks like coke picked up that one. At last check the stands were only about half full, Tony Stewart has the pole again...due to earlier rains. I used to take my kids and you could purchase a parking area near the firework display for around twenty bucks...I hear those are going for close to $200 now. I have a lake in the back yard so I'm going to float my bang sticks out there and fire up the barbie. Even though the chance of rain is only 20% the race is going to have to do without me this year, I'll do my own firework display (safely) and eat porterhouse instead of $5 chili dogs. I sure hope things look better next year. Later gotta go find the tap for this keg.
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 07-04-09 at 06:57 PM.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    A 20% chance of rain? You got lucky. I'm here up in Fairbury Illinois visiting family. The whole 4th celebration has been rained out including the nightly fireworks. They even canceled the car show!! I figured I would be so busy this weekend that I'd have no reason to bring modeling stuff along. Boy, was I wrong.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. RonOC's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ron
    I didn't get to see the race until today (Wednesday) as I was down near Rockville, IN for the 4th. Rained all day. :(

Lots of empty seats, so I'd guess that prices are going to start coming down just to get some butts in the seats. I know NASCAR hates it when TV shows empty seats, but when you have that many, its hard to avoid them.

Exciting finish, but the rest was just like most restrictor races.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Yeah, the last 10 minutes was pretty tense, I saw on TV the other day that they showed a profit of 25 million last year........this year they are showing a loss of over 30million. YIKES. They are just going to have to make ticket prices etc. sensible or folks just aren't going to go.

It's interesting though......BBQ grill sales are booming, what's that tell you?
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 07-08-09 at 08:00 PM.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #4