Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Custom Corvette

1. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Kinda reminds me of the Mako Shark. Love that car and your model looks excellent.

Ditto on the Tuck 'n Roll... Love that interior.

Nice work - keep the pictures coming.
    When I was young I used to say "[I]When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"
    [/I]
    I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Geoff....can't help myself, I'm thinking custom and keep visualizing some tasteful angled fins on those rear fender flares.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I love that build. In my case, I'm at a loss for words. this is in now way boring. I've got one of these kits sitting on a shelf in my basement. I'm getting ideas here.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. whodaky's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Geoff
    Ah you guys were watching and reading!
    Sorry Don, but fins ain't going to happen on this custom.
    Andy, yes it does have a bit of the Mako Shark feel.
    Lost for words HFC, that's not like you.
    Strevo if I do use the bumperettes I will do something different with them!
    Now to the front, I went for a similar treatment to the back; but had to do a bit more cutting and altering to get the Big Deuce bumper to fit the way I wanted it to.
    I was going to use the stock Corvette grille, but decided against it, in the interests of having more of a custom feel to the front. A while back I cut up one of the custom grille's from the Big Deuce, to use the concaved inner section on something else I was messing with at the time. I had the outer sections of this cut up grille sitting around and wondered what they would look like. They work for me so that is what is going to be the new grille.
    Not to sure about the park lights yet!
    OK that has brought you all up to where I am at with the Custom Corvette as of today!
    Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited by whodaky; 10-04-10 at 05:00 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

5. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    I'm also lost for words......... To sum it up in 2 words... This rules!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    It's looking great Geoff. It looks nice and sleek. I think the grill work is outstanding.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

7. unknownname's Avatar Active Member
    Geoff, that grill [U]IS[/U] outstanding. I really like the way at the bottom it "kicks" up in the middle a bit to mimic the shape on the hood!
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

8. MADD FABRICATOR's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Richard D. Zimmerman
    I always knew that FORD parts would make a Corvette finally look Kool !!!!!! There, it's been said. Let the FUN begin.
    Geoff, it's a great looking custom build. Definitely a step or two away from the normal build. I really do like the looks. Can't wait to see how it comes out.
    CHEERZZZZ !!!!!!! MADD FABRICATOR
    NEVER argue with an IDIOT, for he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience !!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

9. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Ditto for me Geoff.

That poor old Vette body sat on my bench for years and I could never figure out what to do with it. Then, when my first MF body arrived, and I decided to do something different with it, off came the cowl and windshield from the Vette. After cutting it up, I just couldn't bear to trash it so it ended up on the other side of the world on your bench.

Looking at it now.........wow, wow, wow!
    QUOTE QUOTE #24