Bob
    In case anyone has some spare cash available:

Yahoo!
    No Lathe, No Mill, No CNC
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. 46SuperDeluxe's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    Oh ...yea. I like the sound of $15 million. Love to have THAT as the centerpiece of my collection. Yea ...that'll happen! - Gary
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    15 mil, that's all??? A mere pittance in this economy. That's not even a full AIG bonus. Let me see, now. Where was that checkbook? I know it's here somewhere. Either I left it on the yacht or it's in the Duesenberg. 3stoog
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    ......... I'm not even a big fan of the Daytona Coupe... 15 Million can get ya alot of nice toys and even a warehouse to store them in..... But on one car???..... NOT!!!!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Jeff....when you find your check book just make the check out to me and I'll hand you the paperwork on a whole showroom full of muscle and collectible cars, by the way that price includes the showroom, buildings and property.

I'll even toss in a 2 week vacation to the islands and a boat.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I hate to tell you Don but the checks are only good for Semolians. Dollars are another story. My checks won't een cover monopoly money. Still how can I resist an offer like that.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Bob Cline's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuces-wild View Post
    ......... I'm not even a big fan of the Daytona Coupe... 15 Million can get ya alot of nice toys and even a warehouse to store them in..... But on one car???..... NOT!!!!
    ...like 160 SuperFormance repops designed by Pete Brock!!!!
    No Lathe, No Mill, No CNC
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    I let my Daytona Coupe go a few years ago. I traded it for a nice comfortable ASC Mclaren convertible. I can't say I really miss it.

She was LOUD!!!!..... Hot Daytona Coupe for Sale ....... fast......got a lot of looks and a lot of questions. Usually the question was "Is this a Vette?". The guy I traded it to got so tired of answering the Vette question he got a personalized plate that says "Not a Vette"

Now I just cruize in comfort.........

If anyone is interested, I still have the molds to make another body and they are for sale.

Here are a few pics of the build
    Attached Images Attached Images Daytona Coupe for Sale-bucks-jpg  Daytona Coupe for Sale-plug-black-jpg  Daytona Coupe for Sale-mold-jpg  Daytona Coupe for Sale-grinding-foam-jpg  Daytona Coupe for Sale-body15-jpg  Daytona Coupe for Sale-finished-jpg 
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I hate to sound stupid but how do you mistake a Daytona coupe for a Vette? A Ferrari I can understand but a Vette??.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Most folks never even saw a Daytona Coupe..... First time I saw one in a magazine was probably 20 years ago... And I've been a gearhead all my life. Must be 'cause of all those chevy magazines I used to read when I was a young teenager. A'/
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    The guys (where I work) just bought an ASC Mclaren covertible when they went to the Barrett Jackson auction in Palm Springs.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    A friend of mine owns this South African reproduction of the orginal. The dash has Carrol Shelby's signature on it written with a silver magic marker. Nice car and ride. Denfinitely a man car!

This is a duplicate of the original under license from Shelby. It is long on horsepower and short on creature comforts. It is the kind of car you could leave for work 10 minutes late and get there 5 minutes early. The engine sound when reved, it music to one's ears.

Ken
    Last edited by xken; 04-30-09 at 07:41 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    That is sweeeeeet!!!
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #13